Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

soon to File Chapter 7... NEED HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

soon to File Chapter 7... NEED HELP!

I have gathered all my documents, and paid off my BK lawyer. Now as we get closer to filing i have been going crazy looking at my credit report to see if i missed any of my creditors that i owe. In doing so i discovered "Public Records: one Tax lien from 2015 (Released) and two Judgements from 2011 and 2016 (settled). I also have student loans that went into collections from Navient which are now back on track. I had completed Rehab and now they are on time with Great Lakes. The thing im worried about is how this will effect my Credit score once BK is all complete. The Navient shows 11 late payments, and the lien and judgements cant be good. I would like to know if anyone has had similar situations with there credit and what the out come was?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: soon to File Chapter 7... NEED HELP!

Any derogs before you file BK will still be there after you file BK. Your attorney should pull a credit report on you and make sure all your creditors are listed so they can be included in your petition. If you still owe on that tax lien, you might want to talk to your attorney about including that in your BK.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have the tax lien paid off already. as far as working on my credit score, are you familiar on how bad this will effect my score and what would be the best way to go about get a secure CC or un secure CC. Also if there is a way to send a letter to have these Public Records removed if at all? Thanks

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll have to contact the person who placed the public records to see if they would remove them. In all my years of collections I've never worked for a company that would remove the public records, just satisfy them. Your credit is most likely already in the dive, and filing BK might actually help make it better. You can contact the places you've missed payments at and if you've continued to pay see if they might be able to "delete" those from your credit. I wouldn't hold your breath, but some have had good luck.

If you can find the 24months to 700 thread that's a good read, there are also threads on here for BK friendly CCs and how long after BK to apply for them. If you don't currently have a capital one card, they are generally the one to hit up first after BK.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much you have been very helpful, i will check these out !

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.