cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strategizing requests for reports from Chex, others around DC time.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

strategizing requests for reports from Chex, others around DC time.

I am about 1mo out from discharge (BK7) assuming no objections. YES I am nervous/sad/excited/scared/a bundle of conflicting emotions. (My EX is up a handful of points! EQ/TU won't update for a couple weeks yet plus I am building in expectations for potential score drop come DC time.) 

So given that I have lates, COs, etc. + I want to be able to open a CU account and start SSL, etc. after DC, I was thinking it would be smart to see what is on my chexsystems file, as well as EarlyWarning, Telecheck, Lexis and make sure all is accurate. (Not disputing what's not accurate, just make sure all is in order)

My question is, is it better to request these NOW to see what's on them, or wait until after the BK? given that you get one free report per year. I don't see where you can pay for a report...

It seems based on what some of the sites say that they have 15d to send the report, so now would be the time to do it, if I want to check my info prior to BK DC option.

Thanks as always, folks.

4 REPLIES 4
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

Re: strategizing requests for reports from Chex, others around DC time.

I did the trial membership with CreditCheckTotal.com for $1 prior to discharge because I wanted to see where I was and what was reporting. I also wanted to see what my score was. I am eligible for another free trial which I will do in a couple of weeks since my discharge is coming up soon.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chexsystems and EWS are actually pretty chill
I generally call up and they'll tell you if there's anything listed....at that point my interest is over.

I forget, which but one you then request a hard copy online etc but once they say no listing I thank 'em and move on
Message 3 of 5
StartinOver
Frequent Contributor

If you have any identity theft issues, you can removed your data from LexisNexis for a given time or permanently. Since I have, I am.

4/25/11 FICO: EQ 761....EX 770.....TU 744
3/6/2011 FICO: EQ 710... EX 718... TU 710
09/09 FICO: EQ: 525
Message 4 of 5
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

Request them now because if you owe any balance you can include them in you BK

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.