cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Instant Card Number !! - wow they did something right!

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

AMEX Instant Card Number !! - wow they did something right!

I got a biz prime card the other day just because I have not gotten card this month yet lol and wanted to use it on my other amazon account.  chatted in yesterday and asked the csr was there anyway to get the # ahead of physical delivery next week.  got a solid no.  opps!  just poked around the portal and get your # was right in front of me.  impressive. go amex!  now work on that web site haha.  mods delete if this has already been posted.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/features-benefits/digital-wallets/instant-approval-c...

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Instant Card Number !! - wow they did something right!

mod:  you moved this to biz credit and its not a biz topic - this relates to any card on the amex portal.

Message 2 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

It does state this: *but still Awesomeness

"You may not have access to your full credit line to use anywhere the Card is accepted until after you confirm receipt of your physical Card. We will mail your card in 3-5 business days of account approval."

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 10
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

just used it on amazon, fantastic .. not sure I would need my full limit over the weekend, hope not

Message 4 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@bourgogne wrote:

mod:  you moved this to biz credit and its not a biz topic - this relates to any card on the amex portal.

@bourgogne it was moved because the main content of your OP addressed the AmEx Amazon Prime CC.  And, while this feature is available for a variety of AmEx CCs (personal and biz), members of the biz forums also stand to benefit from the information you shared.  

Message 5 of 10
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@bourgogne it was moved because the main content of your OP addressed the AmEx Amazon Prime CC.  And, while this feature is available for a variety of AmEx CCs (personal and biz), members of the biz forums also stand to benefit from the information you shared.  

understood + it would appear that I am also wrong lol.  I looked at a portal for a consumer card i got someone and it does not have that feature.  it would be his first amex account, not sure if that plays into it or not

Message 6 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@bourgogne wrote:

why does ax/amazon offer a 5% card to someone that just has normal amazon accounts?  I thought the card was tied to an amazon prime account.  just curious more than anything.

@bourgogne, I have posted your PM/question to the previous thread you had created so that others can opine/share their thoughts. 

Message 7 of 10
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

why does ax/amazon offer a 5% card to someone that just has normal amazon accounts?  I thought the card was tied to an amazon prime account.  just curious more than anything.

@bourgogne, I have posted your PM/question to the previous thread you had created so that others can opine/share their thoughts. 

thanks and I seem to be having a problem getting my thoughts out this week...my question is I thought the ax business prime card was for individuals that had an amazon business prime account.  this is not the case,  I got the card via my personal prime account and the main account I use, ex gf, she has an offer for the same card as well on her prime account.  seems 5% back on amazon would be a bit of a no-brainer as well which is why I got the card.  again just curious if they changed the criteria or what.  thx

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Amazon runs a tad different from ohter Amex cards - it took a full billing cycle before it would even reflect my full approval level

Message 9 of 10
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

t mRe: AMEX Instant Card Number !! - wow they did something right!

Hi, got the card from usps yesterday.  confirmed and the cl refreshed instantly.  best pratice imo is to confirm over the phone.  doing it via a csr will not often refresh it

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.