Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advertising Rewards Card

tag
tpatterson2k9
Regular Contributor

Advertising Rewards Card

Quick question: I have been looking online (e.g., www.bankrate.com and www.creditcards.com) but cannot find any business cash back/rewards cards that give points for advertising expenses.  I feel like I have seen a card like this in the past but can't remember the name of it.  Does anyone know of a good business rewards card with 2% or more cash back/rewards for advertising purchases?

Starting Scores (lender pull 3/27/10): 759 (EQ), 752 (TU), 749 (EX)
Current Scores (myFICO 4/4/11): 768 (EQ)
Goal Scores: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mscsinc
Valued Member

Re: Advertising Rewards Card

this is what you are looking for .... https://www.americanexpress.com/us/small-business/credit-cards/business-gold-rewards/44279

Starting Score: EQ 735 Current Score: EQ 791 Goal Score: EQ 800+
Message 2 of 6
tpatterson2k9
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion.  That card is exactly what I was looking for, but I don't spend enough to justify the annual fee.  I ended up going with the Chase Ink for the restaurant rewards.  I appreciate the advice though!

Message 3 of 6
mscsinc
Valued Member

you're welcome. I actually just got approved for Ink 12k limit. I don't spend on advertising except for domain hosting and such, but I saw that as I was looking around.

May I also suggest you take a look at simply cash from Amex... great cash back on internet/phone(5%, but I think you get that with ink too) and 3% on gas and more.. great part: no AF. cash back is statement credit every month. I get about 80-100 a month.

Message 4 of 6
tpatterson2k9
Regular Contributor

Nice limit mscinc! Chase started me with $8000, which I was very happy with. I actually already applied for the Amex Simply Cash a few months back and got approved at $3,000. Can't CLI right now because I recently had one on my Amex BCE a couple months back. The most surprising thing in my business credit-building adventure was my first business CC with US Bank, the Cash+ Rewards card. I opened it up right after starting the business (a corporation) and got it with the opening of my business checking account with US Bank. They actually decided to give me a $14,000 CL, which I was more than happy to accept. I like US Bank.

Message 5 of 6
mscsinc
Valued Member

I actually just begun thinking /working on business credit about a week ago after reading about it here.

I incorporated my dba in sept of '12 and applied right away for BOA bus. credit(which they approved for $5800 even before I opened accounts with them) and simply cash(approved for 8k). I thought it's cool they did that even though they probably just considered my personal credit for it.

I figured at that time these cards should start building my bus. credit. turns out they do not report to DandB, since I was searching for my bus. on their site a week ago and they don't have a file for it.

So in the last couple of days I did this:

apped for ink offer I received and got approved for 12k(with PG but I understand they report to DandB)

got net 30 accts with Quill and Grainger

apped and was approved for $1500 Exxon Universal fleet card

apped and was approved for Amex Bus. Rewards Gold card (50k points! for 5k spending in 3 months)

apped and was approved for Lowe's Amex

I hope all these will report and I'll finally have/find a file on the corp.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.