Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Business Checking + Amex Lowes APPROVAL $ 35K

tag
waqaszm1
Regular Contributor

Amex Business Checking + Amex Lowes APPROVAL $ 35K

Amex has its own business checking now - New product and offers a $300 bonus !

Applied on Nov 29th ... Approved on Dec 6th. Immediately made a LARGE deposit, though requirement is only $5k to qualify for the $300 bonus. Account shows up along with all other credit accounts!

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/business/checking/?inav=us_menu_banking_business_banking_busin...

Today, applied for Amex Lowes - immediate approval for 35K SL. Largest Amex starting initial limit for me - i think the Amex business checking played a big role in this approval.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Business Checking + Amex Lowes APPROVAL $ 35K

Congrats on both approvals!

I was just reading Doctor of Credit's article about the Amex Business checking. Is this different from their Kabbage checking?

$300 back and $35K....you should buy a lottery ticket!

Message 2 of 10
waqaszm1
Regular Contributor

This is a New Amex product ... NOTHING to do with kabbage checking. personally, I thought associating with kabbage was a disservice to the Amex brand. 

I put a link in my initial post. Pure Amex product with a nice looking Amex debit card and checks. 

Message 3 of 10
waqaszm1
Regular Contributor

2560ECFA-F2BD-40DA-8A5E-A357373E5F93.jpeg

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had been eyeing this product for a month or so knowing that I'd make the switch Dec 1st when Bluvine's APR drop to 0.6% down from the previous 1.00% I had been getting. And the $300 SUB was a added bonus!  The only issue was that i could get my Bluevine account linked with Amex so I could transfer the $5K immediately, had to funnel it through Discover savings which took an extra five days but i made it under the wire! 

I was originally looking at the Kabbage Checking but was glad to see this actual Amex product come about and have a bit more secure feeling with it.  The only downside is that I'm going to have to keep less that $10K in it to prevent snooping.

Congratz on the Lowes Approval!!

Message 5 of 10
MmmarkAz
Regular Contributor

@waqaszm1 Congrats on the Amex Lowe's Biz Card & Huge SL

I've Been Looking Into The Biz Checking and Want to Get My Lowe's Card Up, They Gave Me a Nice SL on BBC Card a Couple Months Ago, (Verified my US Bank Acct) I'm Building a House and 3k Doesn't Get Much.. Lol Does Checking Account Show Up on the Same App? As Biz Cards? and Can Make Payments Directly from There? Thanks 

Fico8s EX 798 EQ 792 TU 802
Started 10/17 Ex 593 EQ 605 TU 620

Home Depot 25k
ICCU Premier Rewards Visa 20k
America First CU Signature Rewards 23.5k
PenFed Gold Visa 11k
Penfed Platinum Rewards 15k
Penfed Power Cash Rewards 24k
FNBO World 13.6k
NFCU Platinum 23k
NFCU Cash Rewards 9k
BMO HARRIS Cash Back 11.5k
Citi Double Cash. 8.3k
CITI Simplicity 6.8k (PC'd to Rewards+ 6/21)
BofA Cash Rewards 9.1k
Amex Hilton Honors 3.1k
Discover It 3k
Lowe's Advantage 25k.

>BUSINESS CARDS
Amex Business Lowe's 3k
Amex Blue Business Cash 13.8k.
AMEX Blue Business Plus 25k
BMO Harris Biz Platinum Rewards 7.5k
Lowe's 4 Pros 13k
US Bank Triple Cash Rewards 8k
Desert Financial CU Elan 20k
US Bank Platinum 25k
Message 6 of 10
Sanjo812
Contributor

Thanks for the post! I never noticed this product and I've been looking into growing my business for this year. I opened an account with Kabbage last year, and haven't done much with it, but I may end up going with this product.

Eight Twelve Consulting
Message 7 of 10
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! That is  awesome! Thank you for sharing this info and the link! 

Message 8 of 10
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations!! Smiley Happy

I applied but could not get my identification to upload during the verification process. Smiley Surprised

Hopefully I will be able to verify my identity when AMEX reaches out to me (but more than likely I will call them in the morning to provide that information). 

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 9 of 10
DONZI
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The only downside is that I'm going to have to keep less that $10K in it to prevent snooping.

Hi Janus, could you elaborate on this please?

I'm topically familiar with IRS reporting requirements by banks for transactions over a threshold, but can't quite understand the alarm of 'snooping' movements of money >=$10k.

I have a small private operation (hobby) online which I've been considering to open to the public as a sole proprietorship + DBA. I'd figured it may be nice to then open one of these amex checking accounts and move >$10k into for the 1.1% APY.

Basically I'd like to understand the downside(s) apparently there are.

Thanks!

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.