Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Amex Gold - Instant Approval - Low FICO score

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Business Amex Gold - Instant Approval - Low FICO score

I noticed that my personal EX score went up 10 points today and EX biz credit (EX) hit an all time high of 94 so decided to try the prequal.  It showed the Gold as pre-approved and tried the link.  At first it said "sorry, this offer expired" but I persisted.  I closed the browser (Opera) and opened it again.  Went to the business card section of AMEX again and the pre-approval popped up once again.  This time it took me to the app...  Instant approval.   This is our first "real" business CC.  I thought that it would have had to come from my Wife but they somehow saw through my old derogs to approve this card.  What an achievement for me and our company.

DPs:  

EX Fico 08 = 648

(3) EX INQ's

(7) CO's (2) CA's - nearing 6 YO

Not sure of current DB Paydex, EX is 94

Revenue = $1.1M

Years in Biz 11

Years with a Biz credit file = 4

AU on Wife's Personal Gold for 4-5 months, always paying in full regardless of pay over time feature

I guess she can go for that Biz Marriott at some point.

I can't freaking believe it.  This card will earn massive MR points.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Business Amex Gold - Instant Approval - Low FICO score

Congrats on your new biz AMEX card and good luck to you and DW's business!

Message 2 of 8
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Huge congrats!  99% certain that your approval was based solely on the Experian FICO 08 score.  Marriott Biz can be a great pairing for this.  One to earn flights and one to earn rooms for a much-needed vacation.  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 4 of 8
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 5 of 8
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Congrats on YOU snagging this card.  That's Awesome!!!!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 6 of 8
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Congrats on YOU snagging this card.  That's Awesome!!!!

Thank you!   They did pop up a Plum pre-approval 20 EX points ago but I decided to wait.  The Gold will be more useful and it did come with a 50K SUB.

I still can't believe it but I figured, "what's a HP on EX at this point" as I am still waiting a year and change to have a clean file.  Still only 3 EX pulls in the past year so I got that going for me.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 7 of 8
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

DW is now getting business prequals for the Gold and Platinum.  We don't need another Gold and the Platinum is not a good fit.  Does anyone have a notion on the chances for say a Marriot Biz approval if these other prequals are showing?  She received her Gold with a 629 FICO 5-6 months ago and has gaine 30 points since.  Derogs 6 years old, perfect history since 2016 etc.

Thoughts?  It's just a risk of a HP I guess and she only has two in the last year.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.