cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase INK and UR Transfers Question...

Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Chase INK and UR Transfers Question...

So I've been doing some reading here on the forums and I want to see if I've got this correct: apparently you don't need the Sapphire AF cards for a point transfer if you have and INK business CC--Now is that all INK cards you can transfer URs to for a higher pt. value or just the AF Preferred card? Also do you get 25% or 50% increased UR pt. value?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
samadkins29
Contributor

Re: Chase INK and UR Transfers Question...

Every month I transfer my points from my INK Unlimted to my CSR effectively making my INK a 2.25% card. However, I haven't really been paying attention to how points transfer between other Chase cards because all UR goes to my CSR.

CSP gets you 25% and CSR will get you a 50% boost. 

(I assume the following since I have not read into it)

Ink Preferred, could transfer the 3% in UR points to a CSR to make it a 4.5% back card.

Ink Bis Cash, could transfer 5% in UR points to a CSR to make it a 7.5% back card. (But keep in mind you need to be spending in the 5% categories)

Message 2 of 4
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@samadkins29: Oh yes--definitely using the INK cash 5% categories. In fact that was the main reason I got the card--for the 5% cable and cell phone catergories....for me that's a little over $300 per mo. which translates into 1500 URs monthly. Was mainly trying to figure out if there was a higher tranfer rate from a CIC or a CIU to a Preferred like I thought I may have read somewhere on this forum....debating either CSR or CIP as my next Chase card later in the year depending upon the answer.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 3 of 4
samadkins29
Contributor

I think you might be slightly confusing the transfer rate with a redemption bonus. The points transfer 1/1.

Using your example:

You have 1500 on your INK Bis Cash - now you can redeem those for $15 - or maybe slightly more if you did something on the travel portal. 

OR - you can transfer to say a CSR. It will still be 1500 pts - but if you redeemed on Chase travel through your CSR, they are worth 1.5X or 2,250.

This doesn't mean that transferring from INK to CSR your 1500 pts will change to 2250. They will simply get a bonus value on redemption. 

So it doesn't matter what Chase card you consolidate to, the bonus value will be determined by the card redemption bonus.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.