Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink Bus Cash

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Ink Bus Cash

Will Chase care if used for personal expenses/bills and will the SL be based on the amt of exposure on the personal side?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase Ink Bus Cash

“I certify, understand and agree that … this is a business account which shall be used only for business purposes and not personal, family or household purposes.”

It's rarely enforced unless they are excessive and obvious non-business purchases.  If you are doing a PG on the account, your starting line will indeed be based on information in your personal credit reports among other factors.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Will Chase care if used for personal expenses/bills and will the SL be based on the amt of exposure on the personal side?

No one here can speak definitively for Chase.

That being said, in practice Chase is unlikely to care whether you use business card for personal expenses but Chase will consider your overall exposure across personal and small business accounts.

If you are applying as a sole proprietor the above may be irrelevant, since it is highly unlikely that someone will be approved for a small business card under the covid economy Chase underwriting.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase has left reminders on my Ink statements that the Ink cards are intended for business use only and are not intended for personal or household use. I am not sure if those are warnings or their CYA (Cover Your Rear End) obligations. 

That said, I have not heard of anybody having their account shut down by Chase for personal use. Or perhaps it just has not happened yet. If we have learned anything, it is that anything is possible in 2020.  

Above all, please understand that there are far less protections for using a business credit card. So if you have a dispute or have something else happen, do not be surprised if Chase can't or won't help you to resolve it. 

Message 4 of 6
Andypanda
Established Contributor

How would chase know what is a personal oe buisness expenses? Since the covid 19 situation, i've been hured by a wealthy older, high risk couple who pays me ti do shopping forvthem. Maybe you have a [Mod Cut - Remember the 5 Things We Don't Talk About - KiB] to close a deal. There can be a buisness reason for just about any purchas.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase has left reminders on my Ink statements that the Ink cards are intended for business use only and are not intended for personal or household use. I am not sure if those are warnings or their CYA (Cover Your Rear End) obligations. 

Basically this. 

If you work on the road, your CIP is going to be uses for gas, food, and maybe even lodging. As well as other possible expenses, like maintenece etc. There's also teh chance that while on the eay home you stopp to buy dinner for the family, and use the same card. Well Chase doesn't know which of these swipes were meant for business or not.  So that is up to the individual to determine, and is really only a problem when you plan to claim those items and happen to get audited. 

Chase is coverd because they warned you. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.