cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience with Bank America Business Cards?

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Experience with Bank America Business Cards?

I have the BA business Cash Rewards and Travel Rewards offers pending. Not sure what credit reports BA pulls and if this is personal reports they pull.  I just try to stay away from personal card application, credit inquiries and applications that would count as Chase 5/24 rules.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Re: Experience with Bank America Business Cards?

@BronzeTrader wrote:

I have the BA business Cash Rewards and Travel Rewards offers pending. Not sure what credit reports BA pulls and if this is personal reports they pull.  I just try to stay away from personal card application, credit inquiries and applications that would count as Chase 5/24 rules.

They typically pull TU for business apps. Their business UW people like to give you the 3rd degree as well so be prepared for that just in case. I spent 30 minutes going over tons of business details with them to get approved. 

If if you have personal cards with them you should request cli after the business apps so the inquiries get combined Smiley Happy

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 2 of 12
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

They typically pull TU for business apps. Their business UW people like to give you the 3rd degree as well so be prepared for that just in case. I spent 30 minutes going over tons of business details with them to get approved. 

If if you have personal cards with them you should request cli after the business apps so the inquiries get combined Smiley Happy

Sounds like something not to spend so much time on.  AmEx business cards are so easy....

Message 3 of 12
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

Sounds like something not to spend so much time on.  AmEx business cards are so easy....

Yep Amex is way simpler but I wanted the Alaska air business card at the time Smiley Happy

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 4 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

My experience is with offers we didn't have to talk to anyone but previously cold applied and it was worse than Chase Business reps and questions.

Also funny we had been denied twice previously for the same business card that we then received offer for and approved a huge CL compared to anything we had come close to with escalation people on the denied apps. Never made sense but whatever got the card in the end!

Message 5 of 12
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

So it seems a local branch with existing banking relationship would be the way to go.  So the local banker can apply on you behalf. Make your job much easier.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will pull TU personal and EQ business and they will look at SBFE.

Where are you seeing the business offers pending?
Message 7 of 12
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They will pull TU personal and EQ business and they will look at SBFE.

Where are you seeing the business offers pending?

It is in "your offers" page in personal account.  Also the offers pop up after I log out of personal banking.  Or I'm invited.....

Message 8 of 12
jc2
Regular Contributor

Just got the Alaska Air Business in July. They pulled TU. I did spend 30+ minutes on the phone anwereing many many questons. Rep was very friendly just thorough. Approved. Love the card. Plan to get a 2nd BofA Business card.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was this an offer when you looged onto BofA? If so, it may just be like mine. I was instrantly approved. I had the prescreen offer when I was online, so I applied, instant approval. BofA has always been easy for me.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.