cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes Business Revolving NO PG - Account Locked!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Lowes Business Revolving NO PG - Account Locked!

Synchrony's common sense business practices just never cease to amaze me!

I have had my Lowes Business account since 2015.

It currently has a $40,000 CL with no PG.

We are in the middle of a construction project so I have been using the card more lately... little over $10k in last 3 or so months, current balance $20,000 roughly.

I am shopping and card declined.

I move over to the side and call in myself.

I am transferred saying the account needs to be verified since recent activity.

I get over to a verification team and synchrony is now using this 3rd party company that takes a video of yourself on your cell phone and then you load your ID and it compares them to confirm identity... Pretty cool actually because it's very fast and obviously hard to debate rather it's you or not!

Gives a code that the bank can then type in and verify identity... only issue in this case since I did not PG the account, they don't have any of my information that could verify this way so he says I will receive a letter.

I'm like that doesn't work for me, I'm in the store... what is going to be in the letter?!

He has to ask that he can share the info and says we will need to verify your address.

I'm like out of ALL things you want me to mail in a statement to confirm the address on my account that you have been mailing me statements for since 2015 and receiving monthly payments from since 2015!?!!?

Yes, that's exactly what Synchrony is asking for.

My account is locked and they even disabled my online access (even dumber) until I mail in. not email, not fax... MAIL!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

Re: Lowes Business Revolving NO PG - Account Locked!

Syrchrony from the sounds of things is "no good".

I've stuck with the AMEX Lowe's Business card and no issues there.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 2 of 11
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's just crazy!  How infuriating!  

Message 3 of 11
TMDSCT
Regular Contributor

I had a similar issue years ago with Comenity bank but with personal cards.  I hope you get it sorted out.

Message 4 of 11
Liberty33
Established Member

It is good to test the limitations of credit use before knocking down a house of cards.  You won't get every nickel so prepare accordingly.  For example, you can't buy gold coins on ebay with an Amex card.  

Thanks for the information.  

Message 5 of 11
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Common sense just isn't that common anymore, completely absurd on their part!

Message 6 of 11
C6
Regular Contributor

If it were me I'd mail them my card cut in little pieces. Life is too short to deal with such incompetence. Fortunate for me I don't have a single Syncrony card Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

LOLOL...oh CA...Oh how I love and MISS your posts...full of crazy drama, only fellow myficoer's can relate too. Synch is so weird!!! Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 11
URHomeInvestments
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict  I am getting ready to do a renovation and wonder if you have used the Amex Lowe's card or some other solution.  I just got an Amex Business Blue for my portfolio, about a month ago.  My contractor wants to use Lowe's and my HomeDepot line is about $25k but is on the personal side.  I swore I would not do any more personal credit for reno work.  I'd appreciate your input.

My other thought is to call the small community banks near the property (in Texas, while I live in Florida) and see if I can get a BLOC. 

Message 9 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Oh, not sure I updated this.  I sent in ownership of the LLC and it was unlocked!

Lowes Business Amex a friend has, seems pretty good. I think you may have to PG the Lowes Business store card now, too, unlike before.

If Amex just gave you $25k, it shouldn't be an issue getting a nice limit on the Lowes also.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.