cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening Chase Bus. Checking help with CC?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Opening Chase Bus. Checking help with CC?

I can't say for certain on their business products, but I've read several places (including these forums) that Chase *does* value a banking relationship.

This is on the PERSONAL side of the house, but I was denied for CSR, opened and funded a personal checking account and two business accounts (because hey, chase DOES have some decent business lending products), recon'd, and magically was approved.  Would I have gotten approved AND my 16k (largest by far of any of my cards) SL had I not opened that account?  Doubtful.  

Again - YMMV... I can't say FOR CERTAIN that opening the account helped me........ but I have very good reason to believe IT DID.

(Sigh, farewell dear CSR. Though we only were together briefly, you'll be missed....)

Formerly GrowOrDie
Message 11 of 12
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Opening Chase Bus. Checking help with CC?

You will have a greater chance of pre-approvals when opening a business checking account. When I opened my business checking with Chase on Christmas Eve, the branch manager informed me that I was pre-approved for one of the Ink Cards. I chose the Preferred. He had to call customer service after the app and they informed me that I was denied because they needed to verify my EIN, which I had given to the branch manager but he did not upload the docs to the system. I was told to call back in four hours (random) after the branch manager uploaded my information. When I called later that day, I was placed on hold and he came back and said I was approved for $25K. One of the best Christmas gifts I had received.

Listen, my business was fresh! I had just received my Articles and EIN maybe two weeks prior. The Ink Preferred was my first business card with Chase; however, I did have a personal Southwest card opened in 2016. Btw, I was over 5/24 and will not be under until April 2019.

1) Yes, it helps to have a prior relationship with Chase.

2)You will get offered pre-approvals when opening business account in Branch

3) Always apply in branch when possible. I will only apply in Branch in future

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.