cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Business American Express Gold Default and auth?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Small Business American Express Gold Default and auth?

I feel like this has been talked about before but wanted to make sure I had the latest info before passing on...

Can American Express come after an auth user on a business account which does not even require auth DOB or SS or any info for that matter except name as you want it to appear on card and Gold or Green.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Small Business American Express Gold Default and auth?

I believe they can only demand to be paid for charges made on the card. There may be more than one type of business AU card, though.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Open123
Super Contributor

Yes, and they most certainly will.  It is in the agreement.  But, only the charges incurred by the AU, not the basic cardmember.

Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Yes, and they most certainly will.  It is in the agreement.  But, only the charges incurred by the AU, not the basic cardmember.

and they can add the collection to the auth credit report??

That seems like the raw deal for someone working for a company and the charges have nothing to do with you!

Message 4 of 6
Open123
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

and they can add the collection to the auth credit report??

That seems like the raw deal for someone working for a company and the charges have nothing to do with you!

That is correct.

If the AU made the charges, then he or she is liable on a business card if the basic cardholder doesn't pay.  Though it's in the fine print, they don't have to enforce it, but I've never seen where they haven't.

Message 5 of 6
Open123
Super Contributor

By the way, the potential exception is of course a corporate card with no personal guarantee.

Even then, I've heard of some cases where employees were sued for "non-business" expenditures.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.