Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staples CLI Declined

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Staples CLI Declined

Granted I have not used the card for the last year but my limit is only $1050, WAY lower than my other Citi Business Cards.  I recently took the account up to $1000 and will pay it off over the next 4-6 months, will they actually give me an increase after that or they just way stingier then the other cards like Office Depot.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Staples CLI Declined

I called too. They want to see 6 month payments to consider CLI. So keep the balance when the statment cuts and make the payment after the statment. Repeat for 6 months and ask for CLI.

Message 2 of 5
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Just wondering, did you call or fill out the online request when asking for the CLI? And did they do a hard pull or soft pull on your CR? I was tempted to do the online request, but wasn't sure a hard pull was worth it for a store card.
ImageImageImage

Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

This is a business card, my credit is not involved.

They only seem to look at past use of card which had been about none for the last year. 

Message 4 of 5
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

I called too. They want to see 6 month payments to consider CLI. So keep the balance when the statment cuts and make the payment after the statment. Repeat for 6 months and ask for CLI.

+1

The "payment after the statement" cuts is something I didn't do for quite a while.  I paid before the statement cut.  And that probably explains why this account did not show up on my Experian business report until just last month.  (And I've had the account for about 2 years!!)

But I've never asked for a CLI with them.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.