cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Business Platinum Card Approved!

tag
citymunky
Established Contributor

US Bank Business Platinum Card Approved!

So its going on a year that I openned my 1st BIZ card (AMEX BBP) and I enjoyed the 12months of 0% APRs on my biz expenses. I don't have a high balance on the AMEX BBP, but if there was a way I extend my 0% APR period, my biz could benefit as I'm still in the baby stages of growth.  Looking for options I searched for BIZ cards that offered BT's and I came aross the US Bank Business Platinum Card. I applied via my EIN late last month. I know that US Bank is very conservative with their UW, however being approved for the Fidelity card by Elan last year gave me the confidence that I might be approved. I took a HP on my TU and hoped for the best. 

After about a week I recived a letter from US Bank stating "We regent that we are unable to establish an account for you at this time because we are unable to verify identification information on the application".  I call the customer Authentication Dept, and  they wanted to some formation biz docs, that I had to fax in three days ago.

I just checked my BIZ email, and I seen that I was approved for the card with a $3K SL. 

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper $1 CL (Jul21-Jul22), Sable $250CL{Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum $750CL (Jul21-Aug23), Prosper $1.9K CL (Jan22-Apr24)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CramEiko
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank Business Platinum Card Approved!

@citymunky wrote:

So its going on a year that I openned my 1st BIZ card (AMEX BBP) and I enjoyed the 12months of 0% APRs on my biz expenses. I don't have a high balance on the AMEX BBP, but if there was a way I extend my 0% APR period, my biz could benefit as I'm still in the baby stages of growth.  Looking for options I searched for BIZ cards that offered BT's and I came aross the US Bank Business Platinum Card. I applied via my EIN late last month. I know that US Bank is very conservative with their UW, however being approved for the Fidelity card by Elan last year gave me the confidence that I might be approved. I took a HP on my TU and hoped for the best. 

After about a week I recived a letter from US Bank stating "We regent that we are unable to establish an account for you at this time because we are unable to verify identification information on the application".  I call the customer Authentication Dept, and  they wanted to some formation biz docs, that I had to fax in three days ago.

I just checked my BIZ email, and I seen that I was approved for the card with a $3K SL. 

Congrats. It's a start. Do you know if US Bank runs HP's for CLI's?

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 2 of 11
citymunky
Established Contributor

@CramEiko wrote:

Congrats. It's a start. Do you know if US Bank runs HP's for CLI's?

This would be my 1st real US Bank card so I don't have any first hand experience. However everything that I read here and reddit points to yes if you make the request otherwise it would be a SP if they auto CLI. If you keep your reports freezen it remove the risk of a HP when requesting a CLI.

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper $1 CL (Jul21-Jul22), Sable $250CL{Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum $750CL (Jul21-Aug23), Prosper $1.9K CL (Jan22-Apr24)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 3 of 11
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 4 of 11
URHomeInvestments
Regular Contributor

Good on you to call in and see what was needed.  When I was younger, I would walk on glass (or similar) to avoid talking with a service rep.  It was that extra step that got your business approved.  Congratulations on the new line.  It will grow, and that is a great bank imho to have a business relationship with.  

Message 5 of 11
keluric
New Contributor

Huge congratulations on the approval!

Making one call can make all the difference.

Personal

Business

//Reformed CC User//

Gardening
Message 6 of 11
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 7 of 11
MmmarkAz
Regular Contributor

Congrats on Your US Bank Biz Platinum! Great Card, My Triple Cash biz card started at 2.2k, then 4.2k and 8.4k by Calling CSR and Asking if I'm Qualified for a No Hard Pull CLI, They Both were SP, and 2 Years Later, I Applied for the Biz Platinum and Expecting a Denial after a 3 App spree, Got an Email an Hour Later Approved for 25k, After 15 years of Banking they Finally Love Me.. LOL It will Grow and Once your in they'll open up.. Good Luck

Fico8s EX 798 EQ 792 TU 802
Started 10/17 Ex 593 EQ 605 TU 620

Home Depot 25k
ICCU Premier Rewards Visa 20k
America First CU Signature Rewards 23.5k
PenFed Gold Visa 11k
Penfed Platinum Rewards 15k
Penfed Power Cash Rewards 24k
FNBO World 13.6k
NFCU Platinum 23k
NFCU Cash Rewards 9k
BMO HARRIS Cash Back 11.5k
Citi Double Cash. 8.3k
CITI Simplicity 6.8k (PC'd to Rewards+ 6/21)
BofA Cash Rewards 9.1k
Amex Hilton Honors 3.1k
Discover It 3k
Lowe's Advantage 25k.

>BUSINESS CARDS
Amex Business Lowe's 3k
Amex Blue Business Cash 13.8k.
AMEX Blue Business Plus 25k
BMO Harris Biz Platinum Rewards 7.5k
Lowe's 4 Pros 13k
US Bank Triple Cash Rewards 8k
Desert Financial CU Elan 20k
US Bank Platinum 25k
Message 8 of 11
citymunky
Established Contributor

Thanks for the tip

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 9 of 11
citymunky
Established Contributor

@MmmarkAz wrote:

Congrats on Your US Bank Biz Platinum! Great Card, My Triple Cash biz card started at 2.2k, then 4.2k and 8.4k by Calling CSR and Asking if I'm Qualified for a No Hard Pull CLI, They Both were SP, and 2 Years Later,

About how long did you wait before calling the CS for a CLI?  6 Months, 1 year, etc?

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.