Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex amazon points and minimum payment

tag
acreditdummy123
Regular Contributor

amex amazon points and minimum payment

i paid 95% of my balance off before the statement closing date and then amex won't post my points at statement closing date because i didn't pay off the minimum balance..... why does amex play these dumb games. lol. can i ask a chat rep to post my points?

❤️ Am a peaceful, positive person. Credit scores: Amazing and higher than most. AAoA: Superb. No lates. No delinquencies.

The past is the past. I'm a completely new person now as of 3/6/23
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: amex amazon points and minimum payment

@acreditdummy123 wrote:

i paid 95% of my balance off before the statement closing date and then amex won't post my points at statement closing date because i didn't pay off the minimum balance..... why does amex play these dumb games. lol. can i ask a chat rep to post my points?

It doesn't matter if you paid 99.99% of your balance before the closing date if you don't pay the minimum payment due after the statement posts. Until then AMEX holds the points, they are not playing "dumb games" this is clearly stated in the T&C when you applied for the card. You can attempt to ask them if they can post your points but I wouldn't hold out hope for that

https://www.americanexpress.com/content/dam/amex/us/rewards/amazon-rewards/program-agreement.pdf

Message 2 of 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@acreditdummy123 wrote:

It doesn't matter if you paid 99.99% of your balance before the closing date if you don't pay the minimum payment due after the statement posts. Until then AMEX holds the points, they are not playing "dumb games" this is clearly stated in the T&C when you applied for the card. You can attempt to ask them if they can post your points but I wouldn't hold out hope for that

https://www.americanexpress.com/content/dam/amex/us/rewards/amazon-rewards/program-agreement.pdf

This. As annoying as it is, it's what we signed up for, literally. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@acreditdummy123 wrote:

As mentioned upthread, AmEx doesn't "play these dumb games". It is clearly spelled out on their T&C's as far as how points redemptions work. Did you review the card agreement? Or, is the Amazon AmEx in the same category you described previously for NFCU as far as points redemptions 🤔

Message 4 of 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

OP, want to hear more "dumb games" by AMEX? According to the T&C If you don't make the minimum payment you forfeit those points gained that statement period to AMEX. And while you can get them back you'll have to call and cough up around $35 as a fee to get them to post on your account

I don't see the problem with paying what's due to get what you want from them

Message 5 of 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

OP, want to hear more "dumb games" by AMEX? According to the T&C If you don't make the minimum payment you forfeit those points gained that statement period to AMEX. And while you can get them back you'll have to call and cough up around $35 as a fee to get them to post on your account

Wow I missed that part. Smiley Indifferent

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 10
acreditdummy123
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@acreditdummy123 wrote:

As mentioned upthread, AmEx doesn't "play these dumb games". It is clearly spelled out on their T&C's as far as how points redemptions work. Did you review the card agreement? Or, is the Amazon AmEx in the same category you described previously for NFCU as far as points redemptions 🤔

ah, yes. the slowpoke bank as i like to call it now

❤️ Am a peaceful, positive person. Credit scores: Amazing and higher than most. AAoA: Superb. No lates. No delinquencies.

Message 7 of 10
acreditdummy123
Regular Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

💀💀💀💀 amex needs to stop with these dumb games. seriously

Message 8 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@acreditdummy123 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Maybe stop using their card (or close it)? ...if you don't like the T&Cs (which you acknowledged and accepted when you clicked 'submit' during the application process). It's that simple 😀

But, then again...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Happy-Thanksgiving-Your-thankful-for-this-Approval/m-p...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Business-Credit/Problems-with-AMEX-once-my-global-limits-exceeded-1...

Message 9 of 10
acreditdummy123
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@acreditdummy123 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Maybe stop using their card (or close it)? ...if you don't like the T&Cs (which you acknowledged and accepted when you clicked 'submit' during the application process). It's that simple 😀

But, then again...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Happy-Thanksgiving-Your-thankful-for-this-Approval/m-p...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Business-Credit/Problems-with-AMEX-once-my-global-limits-exceeded-1...

business was slow, picked up, and then realized the lame games amex was playing. they are back on ice

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.