Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 Day Message - SCT Is this normal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

10 Day Message - SCT Is this normal?

I attempted the SCT for the first time yesterday. On my first attempt I got the pre approved pop up. Entered the info, hit submit and got a 10 day message. Has anyone ever gotten that result? I didn’t expect it. I did try a couple others and most of the time didn’t work at all. Did manage to use the SCT yesterday to finally get an Ann Taylor account. I’m assuming the Pier 1 10 day message is a no go. Anyone have this experience?
11 REPLIES 11
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: 10 Day Message - SCT Is this normal?

Welcome to the myFICO forums!

Reports for about the past two months is that the SCT is no more. Reports are that the credit application results in a hard pull. This is the first I have seen a 10-day message reported.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. SCT definitely worked for Ann Taylor. For both AT and Pier 1 I was asked only for the last four of SSN and I see no HP for either so far. I’ll have to wait for the letter and see what happens.
Message 3 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Keep in mind that the HP can be either in EQ or EX OP. CMS sometimes have a lag in displaying such information.

As far as the 7-10 message, that could be a denial or additional verification. Once you receive the letter you'll know the outcome for sure.
Message 4 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Medic981 wrote:

Reports for about the past two months is that the SCT is no more. Reports are that the credit application results in a hard pull. This is the first I have seen a 10-day message reported.

I thought this was the case as well Medic. I hadn't seen anyone get the 10-day message either, but what FinStar said makes sense about it being either denial or verification.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 12
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@RonM21 wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

I thought this was the case as well Medic. I hadn't seen anyone get the 10-day message either, but what FinStar said makes sense about it being either denial or verification.

I agree with the 10-day message being for either a denial or verification as this is what happens when you receive a 7-10 day message on a standard credit card application.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ll have to keep watching for the HP. So far, nothing. I ended up calling Comenity and spoke with someone in the Account Control area. I explained that I’d gotten a pop up window that said “congratulations you’re preapproved” and then got that message. She even thought it was odd. She could see the Ann Taylor one and that account is already open. She put me on hold for a bit and checked out the Pier 1 app and said she sees it and that when I receive the letter there will be a number I need to call and then they’ll figure it out. Not sure what she meant by that. I went back to the Pier 1 site out of curiosity and the pop up was back again. I just closed out of the site. I’ll let you know the outcome. Thanks so much for the reply! 😊
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have a question (sorry if this is something I should already know).  If the preapprove popup does not ask for my income or full ssn, can they still do a HP?

Message 8 of 12
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Usually, if you provide your name, address, and date of birth, a potential creditor can initiate a hard inquiry without even the last 4 of your SSN. All a potential creditor needs is your consent to pull your credit report. Your SSN just helps to verify your identity, especially if your name is John Smith or Jane Johnson.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was feeling antsy so gave account protection a call. They asked a few security questions and approved me on the phone. I still see no HP. Time will tell. Thanks again for all of your replies!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.