Did you mean: 

2nd Chase card possible?

tag
Reazon
New Contributor

2nd Chase card possible?

Hello 

I'm at 4/24 right now, 

My Amex should report on May 12, so that will take me to 5/24.

I've been wanting the CFU to compliment the CSP I recently was approved for on April 4th last month.

So a couple questions?

Would I be ok to apply for CFU with my report showing 4/24?

I'm at 31 days from last app that was approved, CSP, Is that too soon?

Chase reported 15% utilization on credit report,  BUT I'm about 47% utilization as of today, Which will be PIF before statement cuts this May 25th.

Would my current Utilization with chase hurt me?

47% current

15% reported

all accounts reporting $0 balance, except for CSP at $726,, 15% overall

no baddies

fico 8 ex 711

tu 725

eq 715

Thanks for the Info, greatly appreciated

CSP 726/5K
AMEX DELTA GOLD 0/2K
Lowe's 0/17K
CAPONE QS 0/$750
DISCOVER IT SECURED 0/$300
RC WILLEY 0/$300
EX FICO 8= 711
EQ FICO 8= 735
TU FICO 8= 727
AS OF 05/12/2019
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2nd Chase card possible?

I think its possible for sure.  You would want to pull the trigger before the AMEX reports because once that happens your done for a while.  Probably worth the risk a denial, my guess is that you'll get an approval though.  Of course we never know for sure until we go for it.  I suspect the ulitlization will impact the SL more so than the approval assuming you have a solid history with them.

Message 2 of 4
Reazon
New Contributor

thanks,

yes, I definitley want to before amex reports,

But, one thing that worries me is that, for a while even right after I was approved, I kept seeing a pre-approval for CFU in the just for you section on my bank account.

But I noticed once I started using my CSP to get to my current Util. the pre-approval is no longer there.

This worries me.

but the simple HP might outwiegh waiting 12 months if its a denial.

decisions

and Where did the US Bank Prequal page go!? lol

Thanks all

CSP 726/5K
AMEX DELTA GOLD 0/2K
Lowe's 0/17K
CAPONE QS 0/$750
DISCOVER IT SECURED 0/$300
RC WILLEY 0/$300
EX FICO 8= 711
EQ FICO 8= 735
TU FICO 8= 727
AS OF 05/12/2019
Message 3 of 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Reazon wrote:

thanks,

yes, I definitley want to before amex reports,

But, one thing that worries me is that, for a while even right after I was approved, I kept seeing a pre-approval for CFU in the just for you section on my bank account.  Two different departmets, takes a while to catch up 

But I noticed once I started using my CSP to get to my current Util. the pre-approval is no longer there. They caught up 

This worries me.

but the simple HP might outwiegh waiting 12 months if its a denial.

decisions

and Where did the US Bank Prequal page go!? lol You have new accounts, prequal will be back once they age. US Bank is not a fan of new accounts 

Thanks all

31 days is not too short, but they started you with minimum for CSP.  They may not be willing to extend any more credit, but there is only one way to find out. 

Based on your signature,I personally dont feel like your profile is strong enough yet for two back to back Chase apps. Hopefully I'm wrong and hope to see approval thread if you apply. 

Good luck! 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.