Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Sallie Mae

tag
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

2nd Sallie Mae

How easy is this to get? I've seen some people that have two. I've also looked at the upromise card but not sure on that one.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Re: 2nd Sallie Mae

@MoreRewards wrote:
How easy is this to get? I've seen some people that have two. I've also looked at theupromise card but not sure on that one.

Not impossible, but rare.  I know "themanwhocan" has two of them (he is a regular on here).  I tried (and failed) earlier this summer.  I will try again when I leave the garden sometime in 2015...  

As you know SM has one of the better reward structures around (albeit capped at 250/250/750), so they may balk at giving out more than one per customer.  I would say if you have the scores and a TU HP to spare, go for it!

Message 2 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

@MoreRewards wrote:
How easy is this to get? I've seen some people that have two. I've also looked at theupromise card but not sure on that one.

Not impossible, but rare.  I know "themanwhocan" has two of them (he is a regular on here).  I tried (and failed) earlier this summer.  I will try again when I leave the garden sometime in 2015...  

As you know SM has one of the better reward structures around (albeit capped at 250/250/750), so they may balk at giving out more than one per customer.  I would say if you have the scores and a TU HP to spare, go for it!

I think the key is you have to get instant approval (presumably they are not checking automatically to see if you have that card).  On manual review, they might catch it and reject that app.   So scores as good as possible, util low etc.!

Message 3 of 27
Involver
Valued Contributor

Strongly considering trying this as well. I did just get a CLI on my first though.
Message 4 of 27
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

I thought themanwhocan upgraded a rewards card? Could be mistaken though.
Signature needs updating
Message 5 of 27
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Just shot down for the 2nd time still trying for a first Sallie Mae last week. Maybe 3rd time is the charm. I'm virtually reorganizing all of my other accounts into a certain particular order and paying off any remaining balances while rolling a <30% on THEIR rewards card in an effort to make it 3rd times a charm in 4 months. (i want them to think to themselves, clearly improved Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

I think that was the route to the two cash plus.

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Just shot down for the 2nd time still trying for a first Sallie Mae last week. Maybe 3rd time is the charm. I'm virtually reorganizing all of my other accounts into a certain particular order and paying off any remaining balances while rolling a <30% on THEIR rewards card in an effort to make it 3rd times a charm in 4 months. (i want them to think to themselves, clearly improved Smiley Very Happy

You really should just recon it.

Message 8 of 27
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

I think that was the route to the two cash plus.

Cash+ were both conversions from other cards. Both Sallie Mae cards were directly applied for.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 9 of 27
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

I was instantly approved for both SMs, the second one was even a higher CL.

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.