Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5/24 in-branch pre-approval bypass just failed

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

5/24 in-branch pre-approval bypass just failed

I am heartbroken lol.. well disappointed for sure.  Admittedly I am addicted to sign-ons, I used a CBM to process a CIC for 50K/$3K and it went pending then declined a short time later.  Did a us based recon, csr was kind of tough, she said I have opened too many cards in 24 months.  I shot back how do you know, her retort was the hp told me so.  Thank you, hung up.  called india, nice fellow – same exact response.  Said with no offence my I please chat with your lead – transfer back to the us to a woman that was either the same individual I talked with before or her sister ha-ha.  Very firm and to the point.  Went off line, came back and said she counts 9 consumer opens in 24 months and that is too many.  I said how to you know, her response is because the hp told us so. 

Feeling frisky as I had nothing to lose at this point I said I got a IHG in 7/17 without an hitch, so are you saying it’s now not 5/24 but 8/24 or just 8/24 for me or what exactly.  Meaning how when I know that I can apply again. I said look at my report; I have a csr, fu, f that was a csp, cip and a ihg and all but one were over 5/24 and all done in branch with a pre-approval.  I said I only use chase products, you can see this for yourself.  She was typing like crazy into god knows where.   I said take some credit from my CIP to open the card, and the response was always a firm no.  I could see this was going nowhere so I shifted into ultra-polite mode, told her I understand, I love chase and thanked her for her time, etc.    too many variables to read into this but it’s the first time I have ever heard of an in-branch pre-app not working so it’s quite odd.  Scary version is they modified their back end that when some magic threshold is hit in-branch will not bypass, like 5/24 lol.

Anyway there you have it, ran a cct, ex hp w no score change, guess I will have to get my kicks from amex referrals or who knows.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 5/24 in-branch pre-approval bypass just failed

Only time I heard of this happening before is when people would go to the bank and have the person there type their info into their system as if it were just the online page. I don't know the difference between a true in branch prequal and when they type it into the page that everyone else has access to, but that's the only time I heard of an inbranch prequal not working. 

Message 2 of 14
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Only time I heard of this happening before is when people would go to the bank and have the person there type their info into their system as if it were just the online page. I don't know the difference between a true in branch prequal and when they type it into the page that everyone else has access to, but that's the only time I heard of an inbranch prequal not working. 

right, same here.  I am living proof of it working.  this was my jpm pb guy and a cbm woman doing this from normal pre-qual page logged into my account, not a web app using their backbone which I do believe in btw.  did that with my IHG, not that it did anything but felt better than my laptop lol.  what can you do...I will have 3 cards drop off in 3/18, if the CIC or something tasty shows up I will test it out..for science

Message 3 of 14
driftless
Valued Contributor

I don't think that it is working any more.  I have one Ink card and when I went to set-up another business account very recently and my CPC CSR said that I needed the new Ink Preferred card as well. I didn't feel good about the app as I am 6/24, I was declined.  My CBM said that he no longer can push the apps through.  Frankly, I think that the rewards structure for the old card, and my Amex card, fits me better.   Still, it sucks to be declined.  Smiley Tongue

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 4 of 14
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@driftless wrote:

I don't think that it is working any more.  I have one Ink card and I went to set-up another business account and my CPC CSR that I needed the new Ink Preferred card as well. I didn't feel good about as I am 6/24 and I was declined.  My CBM said that he no longer can push the apps through. Frankly, I think my the rewards structure for the old card, and my Amex card, fits me better.   

sorry, you were declined at 6/24 with a pre-approval or no pre-approval?

Message 5 of 14
driftless
Valued Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

@driftless wrote:

I don't think that it is working any more.  I have one Ink card and I went to set-up another business account and my CPC CSR that I needed the new Ink Preferred card as well. I didn't feel good about as I am 6/24 and I was declined.  My CBM said that he no longer can push the apps through. Frankly, I think my the rewards structure for the old card, and my Amex card, fits me better.   

Not sure, my CPC CSR just assumed that I would be approved.  In fact, she wondered why the new credit card did not show up on her screen as soon as she sent the app through.

Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 6 of 14
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@driftless wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@driftless wrote:

Not sure, my CPC CSR just assumed that I would be approved.  In fact, she wondered why the new credit card did not show up on her screen as soon as she sent the app through.

got it. my contact was stunned as well - the cpc bypass went away some time ago, the pre-approval bypass was the last tried and true method imo, until today.  could be as simple as my profile along with the 9/24 did not support a new app and for many this method still works - that is my hope.  my profile is far from perfect and the only way I have done well with chase is because my internal score is solid.  its only a card, I will live

Message 7 of 14
trant3
Established Contributor

Soo you werent even pre approved?? There's no way around 5/24

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 8 of 14
driftless
Valued Contributor

My CPC CSR gave me the strong impression that I was otherwise I would not have consented to the app.  She was shocked as well.  

Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 9 of 14
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@trant3 wrote:

Soo you werent even pre approved?? There's no way around 5/24

@not sure who this is for, i was, @driftless did not know

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.