Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little disappointed with navy right now

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A little disappointed with navy right now

I asked for my annual apr reduction, and because I product changed from go rewards to cash rewards in April they would not grant an apr request idk what a pc has to do with it it's the same account and account number but it's ok on a plus note my cr will be squeaky clean by then so it is what it is

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A little disappointed with navy right now

When you did the PC cash rewards in April, they gave you the lowest APR you qualified for at that time so you're next review wouldn't be until one year from that time?

Doesn't sound too disappointing to me. 

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you have 2 cards and go from $1500 on one and a whopping $15k on the next, I don't see any major disappointment.  

Message 3 of 18
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When you did the PC cash rewards in April, they gave you the lowest APR you qualified for at that time so you're next review wouldn't be until one year from that time?

+1

This is not new, and well documented. I'm not going all fanboy on Navy, but one of the fairest and most generous lenders you'll ever deal with.

APR doesn't matter when not carrying a balance.

Message 4 of 18
Gatortrout
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When you have 2 cards and go from $1500 on one and a whopping $15k on the next, I don't see any major disappointment.  

Agree!

Message 5 of 18
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

It's that. Your APR was reviewed on product change and I suspect disclosed to you before you consented to change, as was for me.

Stay positive, focus on the pros, and 4 months will fly by!

Rebuild start: 5/15/19

Financial Institutions:
Wells Fargo | NFCU | Penfed
Products:
Discover It CB $2.1k | WF Propel $22.5k | PenFed PCR $20k | NFCU Platinum $10k | NFCU More Rewards $25k | NFCU Flagship $30k | NFCU CLOC $500 | NFCU SSL 60mo | NFCU Auto loan

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I'm fine still my favorite FI by far they have given me everything I've ever asked for, I'm actually more disappointed in myself I forgot I picked a card that did points instead of cb , and pc'd. And if you want to admonish me (this comment is a joke) it wasn't a card of 1500 to a card of 150000, it was a card of 500 to 1500, then a card of 15000, to cards of 4500 and 18k respectively lol. Was just in the shock of the moment of them actually telling me no because they never do, I'll always sing navy's praises Smiley Happy It'll fly by and on the plus side I'll be eligible for cli on both cards again

Message 7 of 18
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh I'm fine still my favorite FI by far they have given me everything I've ever asked for, I'm actually more disappointed in myself I forgot I picked a card that did points instead of cb , and pc'd. And if you want to admonish me (this comment is a joke) it wasn't a card of 1500 to a card of 150000, it was a card of 500 to 1500, then a card of 15000, to cards of 4500 and 18k respectively lol. Was just in the shock of the moment of them actually telling me no because they never do, I'll always sing navy's praises Smiley Happy It'll fly by and on the plus side I'll be eligible for cli on both cards again

Do the points not redeem for cash back on the Go Rewards cards? They do on the More Rewards card (1 point = 1 cent) 

I'm not admonishing, just asking! 😉😂

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

They might I don't remember cash back seemed simpler than points

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

The points can be redeemed for cash back once you have saved $50 worth. It's not as straightforward as the cash back redemption of the cashRewards but it's not all that challenging to do either. 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.