Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI

tag
cgennin
Established Member

AMEX CLI

How long do you have to wait for a CLI through Amex? I tried today and got the 7-10 day message...

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI

- 61 days from new account opening

- 91 days from denial (asking early does not reset clock)

- 181 days from last approval requested by customer (automated CLI from AMEX does not count)

Message 2 of 9
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Generally, it's

• 61 days from opening a new card
  • 181 days from your last increase on any AMEX card (this overrides the 61 days above)
  • 91 days after a denial

If you simply request too early, it doesn't count as a denial and the clock isn't reset.

Message 3 of 9
cgennin
Established Member

Okay, thanks! I was thinking 61 days and today was 63 since last increase. 

Message 4 of 9
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

What's mentioned previously is the general trend, but a couple of members on the forum report being told that getting a CLI on one card doesn't reset any clocks for other cards.

Message 5 of 9
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@mkhan1093 wrote:

What's mentioned previously is the general trend, but a couple of members on the forum report being told that getting a CLI on one card doesn't reset any clocks for other cards.

Can you provide the posts with this please.

Message 6 of 9
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@mkhan1093 wrote:

Can you provide the posts with this please.

Recall seeing them months ago, but I was also PM'ed about it recently - don't want to reveal the identity but what was said to me was "I asked customer service and they said that each card is treated seperately to if you get cli on one card shouldn't affect the other clock"

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Always take what CSRs says with a grain of salt, 80% of active members on this forum is more qualified than some of the CSRs I have dealt with. Amex absolutely treats all your cards as one giant account when it comes to CLIs, I didn't hear this from a CSR, I found out the hard way.
Message 8 of 9
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Always take what CSRs says with a grain of salt, 80% of active members on this forum is more qualified than some of the CSRs I have dealt with. Amex absolutely treats all your cards as one giant account when it comes to CLIs, I didn't hear this from a CSR, I found out the hard way.

In my experience even the Plat CSRs sometimes don't know what they're talking about and they're considered the one of the top tier you would think. I just never heard of each card being its own for CLI purposes. Something like your experience oldman is something I can believe since it is the norm.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.