Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI

tag
Swatch
Frequent Contributor

AMEX CLI

Would I be more likely to get a good CLI if I wait 91 days versus 61 days?

If I do 61 or 91 that means my second or third statements haven't even been generated yet?

I do AZEO.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI

Is this for your Delta Gold card? What is the SL on the card you're referring to? What negitive items are on your reports (COs, BK, most severe late status)? 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 2 of 5
Swatch
Frequent Contributor

Yes. $2000. Foreclosure which is almost at 2 years. I guess I will wait until after it's 2 years to request CLI. 

I do AZEO.
Message 3 of 5
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

There is no reason not to request a CLI. They'll use either their most recent EX SP, or the previous one they performed to make the decision. If you're denied, you only have to wait 91 days until you can try again. I say go for it at 61 days and see what happens. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 4 of 5
Swatch
Frequent Contributor

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

There is no reason not to request a CLI. They'll use either their most recent EX SP, or the previous one they performed to make the decision. If you're denied, you only have to wait 91 days until you can try again. I say go for it at 61 days and see what happens. 

Hm, what about if I am also trying to get another card?

Request CLI at 61 or 91 days, then apply for new card soon after? Or apply for new card anytime, then CLI request after? Or? 

I am hoping to get FICO improvements by then, but I still might only be at 685-690. Hoping for low 700s.

I do AZEO.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.