Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PRG and BCE?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX PRG and BCE?

Hello All,

I've been debating for two hours whether or not i should go for both cards. I already have Chase Sapphire. Is going for the PRG and overkill due to AF?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX PRG and BCE?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All,

I've been debating for two hours whether or not i should go for both cards. I already have Chase Sapphire. Is going for the PRG and overkill due to AF?

That's really your call. If the benifits outweigh the fees for you then go for it. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 11
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

my question would be why would you want two cards that both do gas and groceries but are using different point structures ? 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 11
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All,

You should apply for PRG and ED at the same time. If your profile supports it, you will be approved both, then you can cancel PRG before AF hits but still retain MR points.

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aarvard wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All,

You should apply for PRG and ED at the same time. If your profile supports it, you will be approved both, then you can cancel PRG before AF hits but still retain MR points.

Does canceling before AF hurt credit score?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aarvard wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All,

No

Message 6 of 11
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aarvard wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All,

No

PRG ED is the safe way to go in case if you don't like the PRG enough to pay the heavy AF, so you don't lose all your MR points. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since you got the BCE in your sig...I say, go for the PRG also, it's not going to be an extra pull so get it, and cancel before the AF hits if you do not like it?  But, there is this sentimental value you'll get from having it I promise you! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't go for BCE since its a different points structure than PRG.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im gonna get all three and be done till its time to buy out my car in a couple of years. Just CLI's from here on! Thank you all for advice!

@B335is wrote:
I wouldn't go for BCE since its a different points structure than PRG.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.