cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX double revolver application on same day?

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

AMEX double revolver application on same day?

As subject title reads. What's the word on the street on applying for two revolvers back to back on the same day with AMEX? Last I read it seems to be YMMV whether it'd be an approval for both if credit holds, one approval and other denial, or one approval and other app goes pending because of some app rule I haven't read about

Any experiences/datapoints on this would be appreciated. TIA to anyone who helps

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX double revolver application on same day?

We should both just do it. #RideOrDieForDatapointa

Message 2 of 21
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

We should both just do it. #RideOrDieForDatapointa

It will be for the lady but said she's game #cheerleaderonthesideline

Message 3 of 21
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

If only you made this thread 5 days ago

Message 4 of 21
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

😂🤣

Blame her she keeps talking about it but never does anything since I'm eh on it

Boredom is a hell of a drug though...

Message 5 of 21
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

I apped for 2 on the same day.  The first was instant approval with limit/ the whole shebang.  

The second was also instantly approved-but zero info on limits and such until days later.  

There's a "rule" that you have to wait 5 days between apps-but I think they just kind of hang onto that second one for 5 days before they fully finalize it?  

So I was approved for 2 revolvers on the same day.  But the second wasn't really all-in for 5 days.  The cards also arrived along those lines (the second 5 days after the first).  

Message 6 of 21
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@I_Love_Cards wrote:

I apped for 2 on the same day.  The first was instant approval with limit/ the whole shebang.  

The second was also instantly approved-but zero info on limits and such until days later.  

There's a "rule" that you have to wait 5 days between apps-but I think they just kind of hang onto that second one for 5 days before they fully finalize it?  

So I was approved for 2 revolvers on the same day.  But the second wasn't really all-in for 5 days.  The cards also arrived along those lines (the second 5 days after the first).  

Thanks for the info. Part of the reason I'm asking is there's a time limit going here and wanted to know what a possible delay might look like. So your experience is actually quite helpful

Message 7 of 21
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@I_Love_Cards wrote:

Thanks for the info. Part of the reason I'm asking is there's a time limit going here and wanted to know what a possible delay might look like. So your experience is actually quite helpful

Both of mine were co-brands (Delta & Hilton) and this was August 2018 and they were my first Amex cards.  I don't know if there is something different for core cards, existing members or if they have changed things since then.  Hopefully people will come along with more info.  

Message 8 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

As you mentioned last i read it is YMMV and also possibly get past the 5 card rule as well for those that are only allowed 5 card so say you had 4 revolvers this might alot you to get to 6.. Let us know how it turns out if you try this

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience mimics that of  - my first two Amex cards, both cobrand Delta and Hilton. Two apps within an hour, same calendar day, instant approval but with limits for both provided on the spot, and opened on one HP. I would also wonder whether it would be the same for core revolvers or if this is another point in the "cobranded cards are easier" column.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.