Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX offer for Hilton Surpass.

tag
slickwidit
Established Contributor

AMEX offer for Hilton Surpass.

Hi Everyone,

I think I have a noob question and I might already know the answer. I checked AMEX pre-approval tool and am being offer the Hilton surpass credit card. My question is, If I'm pre approved for the this card, would the platinum card also be in the same boat? or is it different for the co-branded cards? for context, I filed BK7 back in 2013 and I'm finally off the black list. This means I'm not experienced with Amex lending tendancies outside of the normal "does" and "don'ts". 

Thanks in advance.

"Achieving your goal is great and everything.. But The journey is where all the amazing stuff happens" *Slickwidit*
Score goals - 800+ (85 points away)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ScarlettHusky
Valued Member

Re: AMEX offer for Hilton Surpass.

@slickwidit wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I think I have a noob question and I might already know the answer. I checked AMEX pre-approval tool and am being offer the Hilton surpass credit card. My question is, If I'm pre approved for the this card, would the platinum card also be in the same boat? or is it different for the co-branded cards? for context, I filed BK7 back in 2013 and I'm finally off the black list. This means I'm not experienced with Amex lending tendancies outside of the normal "does" and "don'ts". 

Thanks in advance.

I'd apply and find out. With Amex, the inital application is a SP. It only turns into a HP if you accept the card, so if you try for the platinum card and get denied it's no big deal.

EX: 690 VantageScore FICO: 653
TU: 743 VantageScore FICO: 702
EQ: 725 VantageScore FICO: 643
As of: 3/18

Wallet:
Chase Disney Premier Visa CL $3,600 Extra Credit Builder Debit Card CL $3,000
Amex Platinum SkyMiles Card CL $9,000 NFCU Signature cashRewards Visa CL $5,000
Synchrony Lenovo Store Card CL $5,000 Citi Shell Fuel Rewards Card CL $600
Comenity Victoria's Secret Angel Card CL $100 Capital One Venture One World Elite MC CL $3,850 Quicksilver World Elite MC CL $1,900
Message 2 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@slickwidit wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Being preapproved for one doesn't necessarily mean you're preapproved for the other.

But the underwriting standards for the Surpass card are tougher than for the Platinum card, so you should feel confident in applying for the Platinum instead.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 5
slickwidit
Established Contributor

Platinum was approved! 

Mods please close this for me Smiley Happy.

Thanks

"Achieving your goal is great and everything.. But The journey is where all the amazing stuff happens" *Slickwidit*
Score goals - 800+ (85 points away)
Message 4 of 5
kh_jenn
Administrator

Congrats on your approval! This thread is locked to new replies now, but please feel free to continue your discussion in Credit Card Approvals.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.