Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX pre-qualify question

tag
DJRobbieD
Regular Contributor

AMEX pre-qualify question

Question for y'all...

Back in early July, I checked Amex's pre-qualification page and was offered the Platinum w/ 100k SUB, so I applied.  I was immediately denied due to still being on their blacklist for an old $3300 charge-off from the 2009/10 time period.  I decided to payoff the outstanding balance, which was processed by Amex on July 30th. 

So my question is (1) will Amex eventually re-offer me the pre-qualified Platinum w/ 100k SUB, and if so, (2) how long after paying the charge-off will it take before they re-pre-qualify me?

TCL: $401.4k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX pre-qualify question

@DJRobbieD wrote:

Question for y'all...

Back in early July, I checked Amex's pre-qualification page and was offered the Platinum w/ 100k SUB, so I applied.  I was immediately denied due to still being on their blacklist for an old $3300 charge-off from the 2009/10 time period.  I decided to payoff the outstanding balance, which was processed by Amex on July 30th. 

So my question is (1) will Amex eventually re-offer me the pre-qualified Platinum w/ 100k SUB, and if so, (2) how long after paying the charge-off will it take before they re-pre-qualify me?

SUBs change all the time, so there's no way to predict if you would be offered a specific product at any given time.

Since you paid off the amount owed to AmX, just give them a call and ask if you're in the clear to apply for any of their products.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.