Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX recon

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX recon

@NichelleN wrote:

Your siuation is similar to mine. I applied and was declined (1st hard pull) due to a judgement on my report. It was due to fall off soon but had not yet. I requested an early exclusion from the credit bureau and it was removed the same day. I called Amex back and was requested to fax in the letter that included an updated copy of my credit report. At the same time, I placed one in the mail. The next day I was alerted to a second hard pull. I figured that was from the info I faxed in. I called in and was informed that I was again declined. I received their decline letter and it contained incorrect info. The judgement was not referenced this time. Instead it stated I'd had a foreclosure and I never have. I gave up because odds were I'd get another hard pull. About 3 weeks later I received an email from American Express stating that they had received my info (the letter/report I mailed which was the same letter/report I'd faxed). That was followed 5 minutes later by a third hard pull and an approval email.

It's a good thing I really love my Delta AMEX. That third pull was a killer. Smiley Happy

Oh my.... well at least it turned out to be worth it.... Smiley Happy 

Message 11 of 14
Highlighted
Contributor

Call Experian and explain the first two contained incorrect data. I have a double pull removed by Capital One on the phone.
Message 12 of 14
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@AlanS wrote:
Call Experian and explain the first two contained incorrect data. I have a double pull removed by Capital One on the phone.

Interesting! I thought that only the credit card company that completed the hard pull could have it removed. Bank of America removed a hard pull for me once. I was told by a rep that it would be a soft pull. The next day I received an alert of a HP. I called in and another rep removed it.

More than enough credit.
Message 13 of 14
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

OP best of luck on your second try. Were you able to get an updated Fico score yet?

Total Credit: $240,100Credit Utilization: 1%AAoA: 5 years, 7 monthsInstallments: Car Lease, Marcus LoanNegatives: 0

LOWES-35k | BOA-32.5k | AMEX-30k | DISC-27.1k | ALLIANT-25k | NFCU-25k | BARC-15k | BBUY-12k | CHASE-10k | WAL-10k | CITI-9.7k | PENFED-9.7k

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.