Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice: Want to app for another Chase CC

tag
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Re: Advice: Want to app for another Chase CC

In my experience they like certain CRA for certain people. If they want your EQ it will probably be difficult to get them to use a different one. 

If you are over 5/24 it may be better to wait and just let these apps fall off their system. Even though IHG isn't 5/24 (yet), you may have to have the lending team process your app if you unfreeze and call in. That puts you under a magnifying glass and when it happened to me it was brutal. Just my $.02 Smiley Happy

If I were you I'd cool my heels until everything falls off and then unfreeze EQ before applying if that's what they historically pull for you. Your best bet is a computer approval at this point especially if you are over 5/24

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 21 of 28
thummel
Established Contributor

Sounds like a game plan! Just would hate to see a AA thread on here and like to see people play it safe with them. I got a bit nervous this past month because I had 27K in balances report and my score took a dive. No problems yet but knocking on wood. My statements cut today and just got everything opened back up and will watch my scores rise again. Hopefully..
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

In my experience they like certain CRA for certain people. If they want your EQ it will probably be difficult to get them to use a different one. 

If you are over 5/24 it may be better to wait and just let these apps fall off their system. Even though IHG isn't 5/24 (yet), you may have to have the lending team process your app if you unfreeze and call in. That puts you under a magnifying glass and when it happened to me it was brutal. Just my $.02 Smiley Happy

If I were you I'd cool my heels until everything falls off and then unfreeze EQ before applying if that's what they historically pull for you. Your best bet is a computer approval at this point especially if you are over 5/24

Great point. I will for sure just wait for my IHG app. Thank you for the information Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thummel wrote:
Sounds like a game plan! Just would hate to see a AA thread on here and like to see people play it safe with them. I got a bit nervous this past month because I had 27K in balances report and my score took a dive. No problems yet but knocking on wood. My statements cut today and just got everything opened back up and will watch my scores rise again. Hopefully..

Thank you Smiley Happy. I need to avoid reading the Approval section ... Lol Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase double pulls me every time. EX is guaranteed and the other can be either EX/TU. If you're over the 5/24 and you just had an app with them and its status is unknown, I would hold off. My experience with double apps with 1 inquiry is same day apps. Never tried different day app. For that reason alone, you probably shouldn't app
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Chase double pulls me every time. EX is guaranteed and the other can be either EX/TU. If you're over the 5/24 and you just had an app with them and its status is unknown, I would hold off. My experience with double apps with 1 inquiry is same day apps. Never tried different day app. For that reason alone, you probably shouldn't app

Thank you wayfico for your advice Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 28
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@nrm wrote:
IIRC, Chase pulls TU most of the time. Did you check TU? Also, It is wise to app simultaneously, before the new account, or a decline is reported to the bureau.

That's incorrect.  While Chase may pull TU for some people, the vast majority of times they pull either EX or EQ or both at the same time.

Demdom, I would wait until you hear on your current application to apply for another.  It's not likely that they would use the same pull for another application.

+1 they pulled EQ and EX for me last year

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 27 of 28
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

@driftless wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I requested for a CLI on my CSP June 17th and my apped for IHG was just this Friday 7/15. Chase sent me a letter about 2 weeks ago regarding my request for CSP CLI to unfreeze my EQ but I did not and just left it alone. Will my CSP CLI request considered as 2 applications within the last 30 days? Now, it made me think that Chase must have tried pulling my EQ for my IHG app and maybe that is why I got this 30 days message Smiley Sad

OK, now I am starting to think that you are being too aggressive for Chase.

+1

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.