Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed, which credit card to get next

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice needed, which credit card to get next

Waiting doesn't hurt, no. But 5/24 does. If it was me I would be willing to burn an inquiry (likely two because it's Chase) to find out. There have been some who bank with Chase that their first credit card was Freedom so they're not totally averse to thin files, they're averse to risky ones. A student card in and of itself isn't a bad thing. In fact they have a student version of Freedom - https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/freedom/student

Message 11 of 12
FishingGuy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Advice needed, which credit card to get next

Remember..... slow and steady wins the race.  This is a marathon and not a sprint.  So, I would take one of the Amex cards,  I believe you said you prequalified for two of them, use it for 3-5 months, and let it report. 

Then move to a second card, perhaps go with Chase at that time, but I might suggest going into a branch, opening a checking account and applying simultaneously. I'm not 100 % sure if it makes a difference, but I do believe it helps...
I would stay away from Cap 1, now, though you may get approved I believe there's no need for a triple pull so early with a thin file....... 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.