Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aftermath Chase Approval

tag
CivalV
Established Contributor

Aftermath Chase Approval

Just out of curiosity how long should I wait before applying for any other CCs?

I was approved for my Chase Marriott Bonvoy Nov 16th. My second statement will cut December 30th more or less.

I am looking into NFCU and I really don’t want to end up receiving AA from Chase because I LOVE my card and the CL lol

*I am staying strong*
12 REPLIES 12
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Aftermath Chase Approval

At least 6 months.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on your credit profile.  I've opened a Chase card in the middle of a 6-card spree, and another one concurrently with a Navy Federal Platinum card and an auto loan and absolutely nothing happened.  If you have a marginal credit profile or it appears you're credit seeking due to the number of inquiries on your credit report it would be adviseable to wait a few months.

Message 3 of 13
CivalV
Established Contributor

What is considered strong? I have almost 8 years of credit history. 14 accounts. 2 paid off installments and Average age of all accounts is at 2 years 2 months even after chase was added. According to my fico I am good in all areas.

Waited a year to apply for Chase. I won’t be opening NFCU yet but I might be added as an authorized user. If I am added as an AU could chase take AA action for that as well?
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are your current FICO scores?  Any delinquencies or derogatories on your reports?

Chase doesn't care about AU accounts but I have to wonder about the usefulness of adding an AU account to an 8 year old profile.

Message 5 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

All depends on profile like @Anonymous  stated... If you have 750 scores and no baddies and utilization is good then probably a month or two would be fine as they are known to SP days after approvals to a month then their normal AR's to make sure everything is in check, but not near as much as before looking for "credit seeking" as they do right after approval.. If your scores/profile give them worry then their algorithms will be more likely to flag you..  All about risk/reward and do you value Chase.. If you are stitting around 650ish as signature says then obviously some baddies on your CR and I would sit low 3-6 months IMO and take things slowly where people that are in the 750-850 range and 1% util, etc can take a hit alot easier. Risk/rewards and what are your tolerance levels to AA and losing chase as a lender?  What do you really need right now to jeopardize that card as if i recall right that was your first 5k+ limit.  IMO they were VERY generous to you and I wouldnt risk it for 6 months, but to each and their own...  You saw some AA going on in my Chase post where you picked up that card.. It has certainly calmed down now, but they are still looking for reasons imo as well..

Message 6 of 13
CivalV
Established Contributor

I am currently in mid 600s because of 2 lates from early 2016. No COs. No problems since then. I will take caution and sit low for 3-6 months then 😂

I love my Chase card and honestly did not think they’d approve me anytime soon. And I agree they were extremely generous to me.

In regards to being added as an AU that is simply for UTL padding if the approval limit is generous. I have $15K in credit and I am currently sitting at 35% overall UTL. Knocking that down by the end of January.
Message 7 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@CivalV wrote:
I am currently in mid 600s because of 2 lates from early 2016. No COs. No problems since then. I will take caution and sit low for 3-6 months then 😂

I love my Chase card and honestly did not think they’d approve me anytime soon. And I agree they were extremely generous to me.

In regards to being added as an AU that is simply for UTL padding if the approval limit is generous. I have $15K in credit and I am currently sitting at 35% overall UTL. Knocking that down by the end of January.

You have been given awesome advice upthread. with your score and utilization, you could possibly bring on AA.

Old saying & I quote my late Dad .."Better Safe than Sorry"

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you’re taking caution. I’d say 6 month minimum wait before applying. Especially if you value chase. Chase is a strong lender with great cards but they don’t like credit seeking.

I have 4 90 day late student loans plus a paid cable collection and I burned them in Jan 2011 and they recently approved me for a southwest signature visa $6900 limit so they are definitely forgiving. I’m waiting a minimum of 6-8 months so we can do the wait together 😊
Message 9 of 13
CivalV
Established Contributor

Haha! Thanks! I am trying to move smart not fast 🙌🏼🙌🏼

My rebuild finally paid off when I was approved for my first Chase and a starting 5K SL. I cannot complain. I checked my offers for years waiting for my way in. Now that I have it I want to make sure it stays 💪🏼

I would love some CLIs on my other accounts though
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.