Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Visa Platinum Rewards credit card

tag
mrinal
New Contributor

Alliant Visa Platinum Rewards credit card

I applied for the membership of Alliant credit union. I was approved and opened the online account. Then I applied for their credit card and it is under review now. I chose my email address as the communication method.

Now what is going to happen? Will they contact me? What type of questions will they ask? Thanking you in anticipation.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Alliant Visa signature credit card

They're slow to comm unfortunately. Pretty much all of their CC apps are manual review. If your scores are good and you have and average amount of open credit. You have a good chance. They will not contact you quickly if you're denied. You'll have to call in during business hours to speed up the process. Good luck

Message 2 of 7
mrinal
New Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

They're slow to comm unfortunately. Pretty much all of their CC apps are manual review. If your scores are good and you have and average amount of open credit. You have a good chance. They will not contact you quickly if you're denied. You'll have to call in during business hours to speed up the process. Good luck

unfortunately, they denied my applications. The reasons were:

Time accounts have been established

Message 3 of 7
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Alliant Visa Platinum Rewards credit card

Sorry to hear that. IMHO, you haven't lost anything.
They are very conservative and some what picky on who they approve. They deny people even with 800 scores and perfect payment history. Plenty of other lenders with better CC's would be glad to have you.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrinal wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Sorry they denied you! I've never applied for one of their cards. But, I do enjoy banking there. Their APY are pretty good. Customer Service is great! Top Notch credit union in my opinion.

Message 5 of 7
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mrinal wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Sorry they denied you! I've never applied for one of their cards. But, I do enjoy banking there. Their APY are pretty good. Customer Service is great! Top Notch credit union in my opinion.

I agree the banking account side is very good. They are also great for a shared secured loan. OP you should check out Penfed. They aren't as conservative and anyone can join them as well. Their pre-approvals are real and not pre-selected offers dressed up to look like pre-approvals. Such as what Alliant emails members as well as several other CUs I'm a member of do. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant Visa Platinum Rewards credit card

Tried signing for an account, but my PMB address was rejected. Don't like mail coming to my home address.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.