Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I resetting AMEX CLI clock?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I resetting AMEX CLI clock?

I apped for my 3x CLI shortly after receiving my Amex ED and was denied. I then mixed up my days and re-apped before my 90 days was up. That was the reason for denial I received on the letter. Now my 90 days should definitely be up, but I don't want to keep perpetually moving my ability to get a CLI out by 90 days. Am I resetting the clock?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Am I resetting AMEX CLI clock?

@Anonymous wrote:

I apped for my 3x CLI shortly after receiving my Amex ED and was denied. I then mixed up my days and re-apped before my 90 days was up. That was the reason for denial I received on the letter. Now my 90 days should definitely be up, but I don't want to keep perpetually moving my ability to get a CLI out by 90 days. Am I resetting the clock?

No, it doesn't reset the clock if you applied to early.  Still will be 90 days from the first attempt.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're very welcome.  Good luck with the next one.

Message 4 of 12
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to Irish and any others who might also help you on these forums. 

Good luck on your next increase! Smiley Wink

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 5 of 12
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good luck with your increase. Please report back.

One question: can you share what the letter said? I want to know the wording they use when they deny your request due to not waiting the 90/180 days. Thank you.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm at work so I don't have the letter on me, but the only reason listed was "Has not been 90 days since CLI denial". I may be off on the wording but that's pretty close.

Message 7 of 12
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No, it doesn't reset the clock if you applied to early.  Still will be 90 days from the first attempt.

Irish, this might sound silly, but what if I lost tabs on when my last CLI and or denial was? Would AmEx have a record of that and a date when I'd be able to reapply? I was gonna start another thread with this subject, but figured it'd be repetitive and easier on the next person looking to search. Thank you in advance.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cain- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Irish, this might sound silly, but what if I lost tabs on when my last CLI and or denial was? Would AmEx have a record of that and a date when I'd be able to reapply? I was gonna start another thread with this subject, but figured it'd be repetitive and easier on the next person looking to search. Thank you in advance.

It's not a silly question.  I couldn't remember when mine was but I was able to track it down by searching thru my emails.  If you can't find it there, then a CSR via chat would be able to tell you .

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be good to go. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.