Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Prequal

tag
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

AmEx Prequal

I'm going to have a piece of humble pie and will likely be eating my words about not wanting to have or deal with AmEx.

Screwing around today, I now prequal for 3 cards, BCE, EDC, and the green card. Not interested in charge card. But I'm debating on BCE only because the cash back is better than QS.

Anything else I need to know about this before I put in my app????

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx Prequal

Make sure you get the biggest sign up bonus. I got 250 dollars a few months ago but I think the current best offer is 200 dollars.  Also just because you are only showing those cards as pre-qualify doesn't mean you won't get the other cards if you apply. I was only showing Green as pre approval but got PRG, BCE, SPG and Platinum. 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly if you spend enough on groceries, just get the BCP if it'll add value.  There are some $250/$1000 offers if you browse incognito.

I wasn't prequalified for ANY amex cards but I apped for BCP and got it.

Message 3 of 10
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Honestly if you spend enough on groceries, just get the BCP if it'll add value.  There are some $250/$1000 offers if you browse incognito.

BCE showed up in my prequal but I would prefer having the BCP. How awkward would it to App BCE first and immediately BCP right afterwards?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd just app for the BCP with the $250/$1000 bonus offer (incognito browser).  I bet you'll get it.

Message 5 of 10
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

I slept on it and decided I really wanted BCP. I went ahead app’d/approved EDC to get my foot into the door. Hopefully in 30 days (or whenever) i’ll get a better feel for BCP and go after it.

At least my foot is in the door and I have a plan on improving my scores.

Message 6 of 10
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It just depends on the spending.  We do not visit regular grocer often, so we have the BCE card.  Do not want to add another AF card.

For some people, BCP is a solid card.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BronzeTrader wrote:

It just depends on the spending.  We do not visit regular grocer often, so we have the BCE card.  Do not want to add another AF card.

For some people, BCP is a solid card.

Yep, if you do your groceries at warehouse clubs or super stores, it isn't useful.  I hit all my grocers at least twice a week because I'm the king of "soon to expire" produce deals, lol.  Rack of lamb Thursday was $16.00 instead of $42!  Better believe I grabbed it all and then sent pics of it to my Costco-loving family, haha.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

ABCD next time wont you leave one for me! Grumbles
Message 9 of 10
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

I’m grilling 2 steaks, broccoli and scallops potatoes for dinner. Can’t wait to become eligible for BCP. I’ll have that AF paid back in no time anytime.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.