Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon CLI denial

tag
howiez28
New Contributor

Amazon CLI denial

I'm a little confused butbai keep getting denied for a CLI through Amazon. Been using the chat feature. My available limit is only $2,500. I paid off $30,000 worth of credit cards, Amazon included, two months ago. All my credit cards have a zero balance with only one card, my NFCU, reporting a $600 balance.

My utilization is 3%. Have one late payment on a credit card dating back to January 2018. No collections.

Fico 8 scores: Equifax 726, TU 729, EX 741
Bank card score 8: Equifax 712, TU 715, EX 728
Bank card score 5: Equifax 712
Bank card score 3: EX 710
Bank card score 4: TU 708, EX 708
Bank card score 2: EX 739
Fico score 9: Equifax 778, TU 770, EX 740
Fico Bankcard Score 9: Equifax 764, TU 757, EX 727

Really frustrated. Worked hard to clean my report, pay off credit cards and now was hoping to increase my limits. My cards are sitting with low limits. After I paid all them off, USAA lowered my card from $7,000 to $2,500 and I can't get anyone else to increase it. What am I doing wrong?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SBR249
Established Contributor

Re: Amazon CLI denial

Which Amazon branded product is this? The Synchrony-backed store card or the Chase-backed Visa card or the Amex-backed business card? 

As for why no one is willing to give you a CLI, there could be a variety of reasons. If your cards are low-limit starter cards, then they could very well be bucketed at those low limits. Otherwise, did the lenders do HPs when you asked for CLIs? Sometimes lenders use out of date credit reports if they do SP CLIs and it take a bit of time for them to see the new reports with low utils. I believe with Synchrony you can call their overseas credit solutions line and they can do a fresh SP for CLIs when you call. 

With USAA, it sounds a lot like what happened to another poster today with their USAA account. It may be the start of a trend for USAA to become a bit more conservative on their exposures to people who carry a balance for a long time. 

See: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/USAA-took-AA-against-my-DW-day-after-she-paid-to-10/td...

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They'll send a letter with the reasons (or at least what they want you to think), but my guess is it's the late from early 2018. That's still very recent in the view of banks. I'd wait for that to age to two years and try again.
Message 3 of 5
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@howiez28 wrote:
I'm a little confused butbai keep getting denied for a CLI through Amazon. Been using the chat feature. My available limit is only $2,500. I paid off $30,000 worth of credit cards, Amazon included, two months ago. All my credit cards have a zero balance with only one card, my NFCU, reporting a $600 balance.

My utilization is 3%. Have one late payment on a credit card dating back to January 2018. No collections.

Fico 8 scores: Equifax 726, TU 729, EX 741
Bank card score 8: Equifax 712, TU 715, EX 728
Bank card score 5: Equifax 712
Bank card score 3: EX 710
Bank card score 4: TU 708, EX 708
Bank card score 2: EX 739
Fico score 9: Equifax 778, TU 770, EX 740
Fico Bankcard Score 9: Equifax 764, TU 757, EX 727

Really frustrated. Worked hard to clean my report, pay off credit cards and now was hoping to increase my limits. My cards are sitting with low limits. After I paid all them off, USAA lowered my card from $7,000 to $2,500 and I can't get anyone else to increase it. What am I doing wrong?

There's your reason in red. It will be 24 months before they stop judging you on the late payment. Zeroing out the cards is great from a no debt perspective. However, It's not that great when you're trying to build credit history and grow your credit limits. 

Use your cards, just pay them after the statements cut..not before. Unless you're endanger of going over 29% utilization on that one account.

Message 4 of 5
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Not sure how you're requesting the CLI. One thing I know, when the love button didnt work for a cli, calling them did. Have u called and requested over the phone?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.