Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Card choice

tag
xiocc
Regular Contributor

Amazon Card choice

Hello,

Trying to decide which on which to get. Reviewed a few threads and found mixed info and results for Chase. I am also not the biggest fan of Sync but I do already have 3 Chase cards. I am currently under 5/24. I do like having a card that is restricted to just one store. Its been a year since ive gotten a new cc. The itch is real and Im sick and tired of amzn reminding me at EVERY checkout how much $$$ i could have saved last year -.- 

I guess I am just looking for some metrics or feedback, thoughts, etc. Would like to apply with the next couple days. Signature info is up to date

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amazon Card choice

Both good choices though some arent keen on the current Synchrony climate. With the Chase card, youll get a siggy regardless of limit and can use it outside of Amazon. Beautiful card. Sync card can grow nicely but only for online use. If you are under 5/24 and dont need other Chase cards, you can use that slot. If you are going to chase other Chase cards use those left over slots for them, then go for the Sync cardSmiley Wink.

Message 2 of 27
xiocc
Regular Contributor

I do have 1-2 Chase cards that are in my 2 year plan lol I also have the Lowes card which I believe is Sync also so I was thinking that having 2 Sync relationships would help aas opposed to the current 1 I have. 

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Amazon small business card also a valid choice.

Does not report to personal credit if you pay on time so no 5/24 impact.

Message 4 of 27
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

I can't speak to Synchrony but Chase has been offering some great promotions lately across a good portion of their card lineup.

Specifically for those with the Amazon Chase card, cardholders have been offered one of the following:

• Chase Amazon Prime credit card is offering 4% back everywhere through February 11, 2021 with no limit.
  • Others are getting 3% back everywhere through November 11, 2020.
  • Others are getting 2% back everywhere.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-chase-amazon-prime-card-get-3-4-back-everywhere-with-no-limi...

Message 5 of 27
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Since you already have 3 Chase cards if you decide to app for the Chase card you need to take into account your current aggregate CL across all 3 cards vs. your yearly gross income.   It's very much YMMV based upon your own individual profile but typically once someone is roughly in the 40-50% range the risk does increase of a denial or of an approval with a toy limit.

If denied you may be able to successfully recon, usually by allowing the UW to scavenge some CL from one of your other cards, and if approved with a toy limit you'll have to decide if you want to later reallocate CL from another card yourself.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 27
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Good Luck on whatever you decide!

Message 7 of 27
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

I can't speak to Synchrony but Chase has been offering some great promotions lately across a good portion of their card lineup.

Specifically for those with the Amazon Chase card, cardholders have been offered one of the following:

• Chase Amazon Prime credit card is offering 4% back everywhere through February 11, 2021 with no limit.
  • Others are getting 3% back everywhere through November 11, 2020.
  • Others are getting 2% back everywhere.

And some of us have not gotten anything.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 8 of 27
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

I'd imagine this is a double edged sword.

I think I've heard of Chase potentially taking adverse action for acquiring too many Chase cards (and therefore too much credit line also). Can trigger AA where they decide your usage does not fit such a large credit line. Ironically it's somewhat a page out of the playbooks for C1 and Synchrony. But as you don't appear to have any Sync cards, I wouldn't think you would be a target for them. But you just may not like Sync. Under usual circumstances Chase is head and shoulders above Sync, but with the risk of AA from chase for too many chase cards, especially in this economic climiate. I'm not sure what's the best direction.

Message 9 of 27
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Credit12Fico wrote:

I'd imagine this is a double edged sword.

I think I've heard of Chase potentially taking adverse action for acquiring too many Chase cards (and therefore too much credit line also). Can trigger AA where they decide your usage does not fit such a large credit line. Ironically it's somewhat a page out of the playbooks for C1 and Synchrony. But as you don't appear to have any Sync cards, I wouldn't think you would be a target for them. But you just may not like Sync. Under usual circumstances Chase is head and shoulders above Sync, but with the risk of AA from chase for too many chase cards, especially in this economic climiate. I'm not sure what's the best direction.

OP has not been seeking credit in over a year and is an established Chase cardholder, holding 4 Chase cards isn't particularly unusual, and as long as overall utlization is under control and every Chase card sees regular spend + PIF the odds of AA probably aren't going to be high. 

The one thing I would not do is sockdrawer any Chase card.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.