Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card Approval...Maybe?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Store Card Approval...Maybe?

Last year while I was building my credit I had applied for the Amazon store credit card to which I was instantly denied, fast forward to this year I thought why not as my credit is over 700 now and I just got approved for Discover, instant denial again! Got the email and was interested in why and the only reason listed was 'previously approved application'. I was certainly surprised, like what? I never received any email notifications, nothing in the mail, nor when I called in to their customer support did my social security number yield any account. After being on hold with the CSR for 40 mins, supposedly she was speaking with a supervisor, the call dropped so I figured I would wait until tomorrow to call back but nonetheless I am confused. The only explanation I can think of is maybe while I was declined for the store credit I was approved for the secured card? I am hoping they can clear it up tomorrow when I call in again, but has anyone else ever had this happen to them? If being approved for the secured card is what happened, since I didn't know about it and accept that offer will I always be declined for this same reasoning? Thanks for any help, love this community such knowledagble members and it certainly helped me to hit my credit goals!

EDIT:

FINALLY after days of calls, hours spent on the phone and multiple calls placed to multiple centers I got an answer and figured I would update incase anyone else has ever had this happen to them maybe they can save themselves the time and aggravation I had to endure. Apparently when I applied last year, even though I was denied for their store card, I was approved for their 'credit steps' program. It must have been some sort of system glitch though as I was never shown an approval for anything, never received any emails in regards to anything or got anything via mail pertaining to it. So when I was applying it was generating 'application previously approved' even though it was not showing an actual account tied to my social security number or even a previously approved application which was what really baffled them all lol. 

The phone calls was definitely the most aggravating as each new person would tell me something different, I even had 1 CSR inform me his supervisor told him I needed to contact the credit bureaus, like huh??? They don't approve/decline an application the creditor does lol, they just have all your information pertaining to credit history/payments/etc...and I informed him no Amazon account was showing so nothing they could tell me I couldn't see myself. So today I made the call to the credit steps program, which was my 3rd phone call to them specifically, and finally got a lady who went above and beyond to help me. She put me over to another department and even that man was baffled by my situation but after an hour on the phone with him we got it all straightened out and he welcomed me with a $1.2k limit and a $80 Amazon GF. The only problem I am having is he asked if I would like the card and I said well yes I will take it if you are offering it without a HP and he said he could do that, soon as I got off the phone with him I receive an alert that an inquiry had been made on my TU and sure enough he had done it so should I call back in to ask it be removed? It is kind of aggravating as I strictly declined the card and cited I did not want another HP on my record I would just pass if he couldn't do it without it. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Re: Amazon Store Card Approval...Maybe?

Check your reports thoroughly and see if you notice anything that should not be there.

That’s my best suggestion... if it’s the store card from synchrony it should be on your TransUnion report, I’d recommend going over all 3 from accounts to inquires with a fine tooth comb though.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Store Card Approval...Maybe?

I have I monitor mine regularly as I've been rebuilding credit, nothing shows at all for accounts and the only thing I see is just the inquiry from last year and this year where I just recently applied. Hopefully I'll get to the bottom of it tomorrow and update the post. Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.