Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmazonPrime Rewards Approval Odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmazonPrime Rewards Approval Odds

I just applied for an amazon rewards card. I didn’t get an instantly approved. The message says I’ll get an response in 30 days. Is that a deny or is that standard? Thanks in advance for the response.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: AmazonPrime Rewards Approval Odds

@Anonymous wrote:
I just applied for an amazon rewards card. I didn’t get an instantly approved. The message says I’ll get an response in 30 days. Is that a deny or is that standard? Thanks in advance for the response.

It's neither deny or standard. It's common, though. 

It could be verification, or it could be borderline profile for approval. Could be anything, really. 

What's your 5/24 status? Other cards? Balances on them? 

Message 2 of 15
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

No way of knowing. It could go either way but it doesn’t mean a certain denial. Good luck!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m probably under the 5/24. Just did a little more research and I think it’s under that rule. I call the chase robo and it says I’ll hear something in writing in 2 weeks. I’m not sure if it’s 5/24 but I have a feeling it is. Do you think it’s under 5/24?
Message 4 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m probably under the 5/24. Just did a little more research and I think it’s under that rule. I call the chase robo and it says I’ll hear something in writing in 2 weeks. I’m not sure if it’s 5/24 but I have a feeling it is. Do you think it’s under 5/24?

No one can tell you if you're under  unless you list when your cards were opened. Use month and year format. 

If by "Do you think it’s under 5/24" you mean whether that's the reason, that's also impossible to guess why additional review is needed without  information such as fico scores, any negatives on CR etc.  

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

11-18
2 Amex cards
1-19
Discover
2-19
Citi bank
3-19
Chase freedom
Quicksilver

Fico is 710 706 708 respectfully and my CR has no derogatory marks. That’s pretty much the last few months.
Message 6 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
11-18
2 Amex cards
1-19
Discover
2-19
Citi bank
3-19
Chase freedom
Quicksilver

Fico is 710 706 708 respectfully and my CR has no derogatory marks. That’s pretty much the last few months.

You're over 5/24 and all accounts are recent. 

I hope you get approved, but I would not hold my breath, especially because you got another Chase card a month ago

I sincerely hope we see approval thread from you 

Good luck!

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You’re definitely right. If I can get approved I’ll be surprised Thanks for the help and positive words! Thank you
Message 8 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You're welcome. Please come back and update thread when they reach a decision. 

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a little update. I got a call from chase to verify some things. Said I’ll get a update in 7-10 days. Don’t know if it’s good or bad. Guess we’ll find out soon.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.