Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex AU - prequalify question

tag
radfam
Frequent Contributor

Amex AU - prequalify question

I'm having a difficult time seeing potentially prequalified offers with Amex on my DH's AU account.  I log in to his account, click "check for prequalified offers" and it takes me to the "Find your perfect credit card" page with the option to log in again.  When I select a card, and click apply now, it takes me back to a "get a decision in as little as 30 seconds" page without his information prefilled.  If I log completely out and open an incognito page, I can get to the page to check for prequalified offers.  But when I enter his information, it takes me back to a log in page and starts all over again as if he never logged in.

Its like the system won't hold his information to continue checking for a prequalified offer.  Is this because he is an AU?  

How can an AU check for prequalified offers?  We are doing this wrong apparently.

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
radfam
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex AU - prequalify question

Adding:  Each time I click a card, I can see "I'm already a card member" in the top right.  I click it, it says successfully logged in and prefilled application.  But takes me back to a blank application.

It is honestly as though AUs cannot prequalify.  He doesn't technically have an Amex membership, but he also can't get to prequalified offers because the system asks him to log in to his account.  Which then bounces back to a blank page.

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 2 of 10
CivalV
Established Contributor

He can go to the regular amex website without being logged in and check with the prequal link. Im sure someone has the direct link but I find it by clicking credit cards and then it says all the options one will be check for prequalified offers.
Message 3 of 10
radfam
Frequent Contributor

We've done that.  As soon as we enter his information into the prequalify screen (while logged out), it takes him back to a log in page.

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 4 of 10
CivalV
Established Contributor

I check for prequalified offers every week and I am not a member. If he is logged into your account then I get why its not letting him see his own offers. The system is like why is this persons info being put in but this is another persons account? Does that make more sense? Im sure others will have some input
Message 5 of 10
CivalV
Established Contributor

Try using a different desktop? Or phone? I find that really odd that it is taking him to a log in screen. I look forward to other responses in regards to this.
Message 6 of 10
xaximus
Valued Contributor

I would try the prequalify page on another browser that does not have auto-fill/auto-login enabled. Or you can try incognito mode in Chrome.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 7 of 10
radfam
Frequent Contributor

I've tried two different phones, in incognito mode, as well as two different computers.  Both on chrome and variating incognito/regular.  On incognito just now on my phone, I made 1000% sure no one was logged in.  Entered his information, and it immediately took me to a log in page when I clicked to check for offers.

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 8 of 10
radfam
Frequent Contributor

I'm happy to post screengrabs from either computer or phone.  I can black out the personal information.  

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 9 of 10
radfam
Frequent Contributor

Just an update.  DH ended up calling Amex yesterday and the rep said it is a glitch of some sort that won't allow him to stay logged in when checking preapprovals.  He didn't ask if he had any prequalified offers.  I did grab screenshots today, both from my PQ offers and what we see on his.  

Mine:

amex preappA.PNG

His below.  This is where it logs him out.  His log in won't "stick" after clicking "i'm already a card member" and coming back to the app page.  It comes back exactly as below.  That is the glitch.  The rep did tell him that "get a decision" language is a prequalification.

amex preappB.PNG

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.