Amex App Denied.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex App Denied.

Once you're in with AMEX everything is a SP on credit

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys,

New here, I was wanted to get some insight / opinions. I applied to get the Amex Gold card, unfortunately.. I was recently declined last week.

I was looking at my prequalified offers and the all Hilton's Cards are still showing, should i wait to apply for one due to my recent denial? I've been rebuilding my current scores are Equifax 697 TU 674 and Ex is 711.

one missed payment 7 months ago (my mistake I have two cap 1 cards and double paid one card usually I have auto pay on but I had recently changed banks)

Message 11 of 19
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll break down my profile for you and maybe this will shed some light on exactly how bad a borrower they will approve. They're not strict across the board but they have some hang ups. 

This past week I was recently approved for a NPSL AmEx Platinum and $3100 AmEx Bonvoy. 

My negatives:

- AAoA < 3 yrs (lots of recent acct, > 5 in 24 mos.)

- FICO high 660, low 646 per Credit Karma

- 30+ inquiries, at least half of which are < 6 mos. 

- 21 mos. on time payments with a streak of baddies behind that. 30's, 60's, 90's, C/O

- CURRENTLY OPEN AMEX OPTIMA CARD!!!

My positives:

- 0% revolving utilization. 

- Diverse spectrum of account types.

- Open CSR with $19k limit. 

I'd 100% call in for a recon. 

The only way to get an optima card is to pay them back for a charge off. It's pretty much guaranteed regardless of what your profile looks like, other than a recent BK or extremely recent derogatories.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking or hoping I could just re-apply  to the Hilton card and get in with amex. (I hear they have more lax UW)  I just wanted to see if there was someone that had previous experience with that having a recent denial with Amex. But I think I may just be the Guinea pig and try it. 

Message 13 of 19
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I got approved for a Delta gold 8 or 9 days after I got a denial for it.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welp I got approved for the Hilton Aspire 🤷🏻‍♂️ So I guess you can apply for a CC after a denial for a charge card Credit limit of 3100.

Message 15 of 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

IBTL
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep hearing people say or thinking some AMEX cards are easier to get than others......I have not experience any of that.  When I do the pre approvals site it either says I'm approved for all of them or none of them.   So I don't buy into the 1 card is easier to get than another theory or it just doesn't work that way for me.

@Anonymous wrote:

I was thinking or hoping I could just re-apply  to the Hilton card and get in with amex. (I hear they have more lax UW)  I just wanted to see if there was someone that had previous experience with that having a recent denial with Amex. But I think I may just be the Guinea pig and try it. 

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you just cold apply for it or do you use the Pre Qual site to see what if anything you're pre approved for?

@Anonymous wrote:

Welp I got approved for the Hilton Aspire 🤷🏻‍♂️ So I guess you can apply for a CC after a denial for a charge card Credit limit of 3100.

Message 18 of 19
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your new card 

This thread is now locked as OP has been approved.

Feel free to start an approval thread if you wish to do so. 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.