cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE app - did I do something wrong?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCE app - did I do something wrong?

5 days ago, I cold app'd for Amex BCE. Got an email saying app rec'd then another a minute later saying view decision. Here's where it gets weird:

I got an instant online denial but every day since then when I click the "get decision" link in the email and enter my SSN and ZIP it says they have no record of this application. Weirder still is that I have had no HP from Amex.

Did I do something wrong?
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCE app - did I do something wrong?

If you already have an amex card, they will do a soft pull on the existing credit report they have. And then if you aren't denied outright by that, you get a hard pull.

Message 2 of 20
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Sounds like it was a glitch in the system I would call and inquire about your application.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't have an Amex.
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
5 days ago, I cold app'd for Amex BCE. Got an email saying app rec'd then another a minute later saying view decision. Here's where it gets weird:

I got an instant online denial but every day since then when I click the "get decision" link in the email and enter my SSN and ZIP it says they have no record of this application. Weirder still is that I have had no HP from Amex.

Did I do something wrong?

I don't think ou did anything wrong.  Amex has messed up applications before.  Your best bet is to call them and find out what they say about the application.  Does anything show at all in this link?

https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the website I've been trying. Keeps saying "Sorry - we have no record of your application".
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you ever burned Amex in the past?

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. Never had an Amex - was trying to diversify! LOL!
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might want to call. When I got that error, I had typed in my SSN incorrectly.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG! I never thought about that! I did app on my phone so it's totally possible. No wonder I had no pulls!
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.