cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE vs Citi Costco & CSP approval odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Costco / Chase Sapphire Preferred Approval Odds

I'm not sure how reliable Credit Karma is for approval rates as they probably receive incentives for promoting certain cards, no? Good luck on whichever card! Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure how reliable Credit Karma is for approval rates as they probably receive incentives for promoting certain cards, no? Good luck on whichever card! Smiley Happy

Correct. @Remedios can confirm how sites like such paddle peddle cards 😁

Message 12 of 26
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Correct. @Remedios can confirm how sites like such paddle peddle cards 😁

@FinStar if you get attacked by a bunch of battle 🦦🦦🦦, this is why!

😂

@MrPepperoni  you'd get better and more reliable odds by reading tea leaves. 

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO, I wouldn’t use third party sites such as CK to evaluate approval odds. I’d just visit Citi and Chase’s prequal page and see if you’re pre-approved for those cards and go from there. Best of luck!
Message 14 of 26
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Based on your last posts and previous feedback given by other members on your other threads, the odds may not seem favorable yet.

Also, keep in mind that any recommendations from sites like Credit Karma, Card Match, etc., are generally unreliable unless your profile is solid and can support an approval.

+100

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 15 of 26
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@MrPepperoni wrote:

Hi Community,

So far fellow members were very helpful and I got where I am right now with my credit Smiley Happy
Just wanted to see what you guys think on my approval odds for the for Citi Costco / CSP at the moment.
I have a thin file and a perfect but short history.
You can see all the details in my signature. The plan is to have a chase trifecta and I was planning to get citi costco first but Credit Carma shows "Fair Approval Odds" for Citi Costco and "Good Approval Odds" for CSP...so this is why I started thinking maybe it makes sense to go with CSP now and later Citi Costco !?
What do you think?
Also, I just found out that Citi Costco cashback is redeemable only once a year...which makes it less attractive now...so maybe I should get another card instead? But yes I shop and fuel up at costco.
Thank you!

Hi. IMHO I think it would be a good idea if you do not apply for any new cards until your AAOA is 1 year. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 16 of 26
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Agreed. Garden for a bit and work on getting CLI.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go citi.com and use the prequalify feature

Message 18 of 26
MrPepperoni
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex BCE vs Citi Costco

Hi

I actually just made some math over here and I do not spend at Costco that much. Maybe like 1500$ in fuel annually and 2000$ in other purchases. So if I have Citi Costco then it will save me 60+40=100$ annually, not more. 
I am also considering Amex BCE, which will save me 2% on costco fuel (30$) + I can use my 1.5% at Costco with CFU (30$)...which totals at 60$ annually saved at my expenses at Costco. BUT Amex BCE has a 200$ sign up bonus, which places Citi kind of behind because now I will need 5 years of use to make cash back equal (with current spendings at costco I get 100$ cash back per year, but with Ame BCE I get 200$ sign up and 60$ cash back in mix with CFU...which will make them equal just at 500$ in 5 years.)
So, the question is what do you think is the smartest decision?

Moved to the US in August 2018.
Applied for Citi Costco in November 2018 - Denied due to lack of history (no history).
Started building credit in January 2019. Please hover over each card:

Also have Chase Marriott Bonvoy Bold (6 months old, $11k limit)
Bilt Credit Card (6 months old, $2k limit)
Amex Hilton Honors Surpass (1 month old, $16k limit)
Two paid off auto loans ($20.5K and $15.7K)

Message 19 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex BCE vs Citi Costco & CSP approval odds?

@MrPepperoni,

I merged the other thread that you had started on the same discussion into this one as the premise of your application questions and product comparisons are the same. Please refrain from cross-posting or start multiple threads on basically the same subject. It is confusing to other members trying to help you and is against forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.