cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI IV: 4506 needed if they already got one from you?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex CLI IV: 4506 needed if they already got one from you?

Hope this is in the correct board.

I may be putting the horse before the cart here, but I'm sitting on an application for BCE that required income verification. I'm really intrigued by the growth potential with the 3x CLI. Now, I have no need for a CL as high as the 35k that seems to trigger income verification, nor do I expect mine to hit that within a year if approved, but I'm curious. Did anyone else who was asked for IV at application time get asked again once they passed that threshold? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex CLI IV: 4506 needed if they already got one from you?

Smiley Very Happy don't even bother with them i have 4 revolvers with 5 digit payment history every month and zero balances still the system prompts me for POI when i tried the cli after 6 months even 2k cli needs POI get good visa MC amex is only for display in my wallet with discover IT otherwise i have way better and bigger cards

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Usually, once they ask you are all set.  But depending on infomation on your application, they can ask again.  Out of curiosity, how many Amex cards have you applied for in the last few months?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just the one BCE; no interest in any others. Got asked for a 4506 for the THIRD time on this app and was curious if I'd have to go through this hell again down the road.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just the one BCE; no interest in any others. Got asked for a 4506 for the THIRD time on this app and was curious if I'd have to go through this hell again down the road.

Oh ok... That is very interesting the keep asking.  Something in your profile makes them keep asking you.  Is this a must have card for you?  There are plenty of other options available that does the same thing as the BCE.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, its a long story I detailed in another thread. First one came back "no record found" and was denied; reconned that and it took the IRS nearly a month for the second try, then my app went to cancelled and on calling they told me I needed to send another. Got approved today before I could even get that back to them. 

I know what it is: high reported income and assets, no active accounts for the last two years. 

As for why I wanted it: probably 80+% of my spend is on groceries, at a local co-op (ie, not at a wholesale store like costco or Amazon Fresh, so supermarket coded). Found a few (and have one from Elan) that have 2% back on groceries and more on gas, but I don't drive. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.