Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Credit Card

I'm looking to ask for a CLI for my Blue Cash everyday my current limit is 2k my Fico score is 647exp 645tu 622eq or should i apply for a new credit card? Do i have a higher chance on getting an CLI ?
No baddys all on time payments
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Credit Card

Or can i apply for the credit card and if i ger denied can i ask for a CLI using the same HP or soft pull or is that a red flag? Sorry new to these kinds of stuff
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since you have a CC w/ Amex already it's a SP for a CLI & New Apps. 

It's not 100% but, it's pretty d@mn3d close.

Pick one or the other or both.  Personally I would just go for the 3X CLI amount and call it a day.

Message 3 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Angel1alonso, welcome to the forums.

How long have you had the BCE card? Also, what's keeping your scores low?
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay because i want to get the blue cash preferred and i only.have 8 months with it i heard i atleast need to have 12 months with the card to upgrade or i can apply for the card and have 2 of them
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a GOLD AMEX and the BLUECash and my score is low because 6 months ago i got a car loan and my score took a hit 12 times from HP which only should be counted as one but it still ding my score and from there I've been slowly getting my score back up
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so you didn't mention an upgrade to BCP just a generic CC app.  

Wait it out for now, take the CLI if they approve it, and then wait for the e-mail for the bonus they pay to upgrade.  Recent offers for upgrade are $250 for $1K spend or somewhere around there.  

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can check for pre-qualified offers on the Amex website. If you're showing some it's an excellent chance of approval. 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You can check for pre-qualified offers on the Amex website. If you're showing some it's an excellent chance of approval. 

doesn't work when you have an account already.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

***Update*** i called and asked for a 4K LIMIT increase a total of 6k She told me that she submitted it and that its Pending that i should be notified through a letter or an Email, Whatever that means
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.