cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Multiple Apps Question

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Amex Multiple Apps Question

Hello All,

 

I decided that for the fun of it, I would app the Delta Skymiles Amex today and was approved. I know there has been threads and talk about doing multiple Amex apps on the same day or same week. However, I cannot find them, or I am putting the wrong words into the search. From what I remember reading, it had something to do with the getting the charge card and then a revolver? So, I may have already screwed that progression up, however, given the Amex approval, I would be looking to get the SPG card as I am a Starwood Points guy, now have 2 Amex cards, and would actually use the SPG for their hotels when travelling, and run on sentence.

 

Any thoughts into this or do I have it all wrong?

 

Thanks,

 

AdCred1

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Multiple Apps Question


@AdCred1 wrote:

Hello All,

 

I decided that for the fun of it, I would app the Delta Skymiles Amex today and was approved. I know there has been threads and talk about doing multiple Amex apps on the same day or same week. However, I cannot find them, or I am putting the wrong words into the search. From what I remember reading, it had something to do with the getting the charge card and then a revolver? So, I may have already screwed that progression up, however, given the Amex approval, I would be looking to get the SPG card as I am a Starwood Points guy, now have 2 Amex cards, and would actually use the SPG for their hotels when travelling, and run on sentence.

 

Any thoughts into this or do I have it all wrong?

 

Thanks,

 

AdCred1


Ymmv. but mostly 1 charge and 1 revolver same day can be 1 pull. but ive seen 2. does not matter as long as you got the cards you want. 2 hps. so what. in any case. what is the other amex card you have.??? really kind of overkill. delta i understand. starwood. is that the other card?. just not sure.

Message 2 of 5
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Multiple Apps Question

Its one charge and one revolver within 24 hours.
Seedling:
Message 3 of 5
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Multiple Apps Question


@taxi818 wrote:

Ymmv. but mostly 1 charge and 1 revolver same day can be 1 pull. but ive seen 2. does not matter as long as you got the cards you want. 2 hps. so what. in any case. what is the other amex card you have.??? really kind of overkill. delta i understand. starwood. is that the other card?. just not sure.


My other card is the CostCo Amex.

Message 4 of 5
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Multiple Apps Question


@AdCred1 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Ymmv. but mostly 1 charge and 1 revolver same day can be 1 pull. but ive seen 2. does not matter as long as you got the cards you want. 2 hps. so what. in any case. what is the other amex card you have.??? really kind of overkill. delta i understand. starwood. is that the other card?. just not sure.


My other card is the CostCo Amex.


Well in that case. It's not a problem. Depending how long you've had it.  If over a year. I say go for it. If not   Don't push amex too far. Only so much exposure before they want to see tax returns. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.