Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PRG application status shows cancelled

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex PRG application status shows cancelled

So I recently went on an app spree which included Amex. I went and checked their pre quals and I was prequalified for the PRG and the Green Card. I went for the PRG. Get a message to send in a utility bill or bank statement to prove address but once I click it takes me to a screen that says I do not need to add further information. I check the application and the status says "Cancelled" does anyone know what this means?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex PRG application status shows cancelled

Call them and find out what's up. When I applied for the BCE, I encountered a glitch, lost my entire app, and thought I had been rejected. But I phoned, and the CSR was able to retrieve my app. She transferred me to another guy who asked a few verification questions, then BAM, approved for $4000. My heart was in my throat the whole time, but they were great.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I called this morning and the very kind woman on the phone stated that I would receive a verification letter in the mail in about 2 days. Has anyone gone through this process with Amex? Is this a sign that I have already been approved pending verification?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can answer this question as the exact same thing happened to me.

The verification they are going to want is a copy of your tax return. You will need to fill out a 4506-T for income verification.

I just did this today and have not received a decision as they will need to receive a transcript of my tax return from the IRS which could take up to 2 weeks.
Message 4 of 6
DangerNoodle
New Contributor

The same happened to me when I applied for the Hilton Honors card. I got the 7-10 day message, checked the next day to see "Cancelled", and called to see what's up. They told me they just needed to verify my identity, so I called in and got approved on the spot after answering a few questions.

Might just be a glitch where it shows "Cancelled" instead of "Pending" when it moves to the ID verification stage.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all! I am hoping this is purely due to verification and I will be approved!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.