cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Income Verification

Jfburns

Amex Platinum Income Verification

Hi I was recently shocked to be prequalified for the platinum Amex, and after submitting my application I was asked to submit a 4056-T form. The problem is my income has grown significantly from the income reported on my most recent tax return. In fact my income is larger than I even put on my application. I asked the Amex recon line about this and they told me to upload other proof of income in addition to the form. I uploaded my three most recent paystubs and my two most recent bank statements. I still have to wait for the 4056-T form to be processed…but do you think this will be an issue?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DONZI
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Income Verification

I can't see any issue if submitting the 4056-T form isn't an issue with you.

Considering all the activity with businesses, job loss, people moving, job quiting, retiring, moving some more, job switching, side gigs, economic stress and war -- I'd say income verification and/or financial review isn't strictly personal about now.

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772]
[2022-08-01]=[EQ8|791]-[TU8|771]-[EX8|772]
Message 2 of 5
Remedios

@Jfburns wrote:

Hi I was recently shocked to be prequalified for the platinum Amex, and after submitting my application I was asked to submit a 4056-T form. The problem is my income has grown significantly from the income reported on my most recent tax return. In fact my income is larger than I even put on my application. I asked the Amex recon line about this and they told me to upload other proof of income in addition to the form. I uploaded my three most recent paystubs and my two most recent bank statements. I still have to wait for the 4056-T form to be processed…but do you think this will be an issue?

If it all adds up between 4056-T, bank statements, paystubs showing increase in income to what you put on the application, you should be fine.

Message 3 of 5
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@Jfburns wrote:

I mean no one on here can say for sure. But I think though a lot of it will depend on how much larger you stated on the app your income was vs what your latest 1040 shows. Although too if your paystubs show the same consistant new amounts and it's not from sources like OT or such I think they may take that into consideration. When I recently got my Platinum again I was Prapproved as well and I was never asked for POI. While certainly not unheard of I do think it's kind of rare on a preapproval.

Message 4 of 5
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

Are you an Amex customer from before the platinum? Your stated income on a previous application being much smaller than your new stated income could be the reason. 

Open:

Closed:
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.