cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Product change before 61 day cli

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Contributor

Amex Product change before 61 day cli

i think I know the answer to this but thought I'd ask anyway. I am up for a 3cli in a few weeks on either the bcp or Amex everyday card. The bcp has a higher limit so was thinking abt requesting cli on the everyday. The thing is I want to upgrade to the Amex everyday preferred. When I first applied I didn't want to add two new cards with annual fees. Now I see the rewards I'm missing w/the everyday preferred. If I upgrade to the everyday preferred does it reset the clock on the 61 day request on the card? Or both cards? I know it's only a few weeks to wait but just curious. I ay give them a call but I may get an inaccurate answer. So I'm asking the knowledgeable folks here.

EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex Product change before 61 day cli

@aav wrote:

i think I know the answer to this but thought I'd ask anyway. I am up for a 3cli in a few weeks on either the bcp or Amex everyday card. The bcp has a higher limit so was thinking abt requesting cli on the everyday. The thing is I want to upgrade to the Amex everyday preferred. When I first applied I didn't want to add two new cards with annual fees. Now I see the rewards I'm missing w/the everyday preferred. If I upgrade to the everyday preferred does it reset the clock on the 61 day request on the card? Or both cards? I know it's only a few weeks to wait but just curious. I ay give them a call but I may get an inaccurate answer. So I'm asking the knowledgeable folks here.

Chances are they wil not allow the upgrade due to the CARD ACT.  You would need to have the account/card for 12 mos before you can go from a non-AF-AF.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.