Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Recon Phone???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Recon Phone???

I applied for an Amex card and realized that I should have been approved - this is the best shape my credit has been in. Was 2 weeks ago so I want to try the recon to see if they will approve...does anyone have the number? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex Recon Phone???

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for an Amex card and realized that I should have been approved - this is the best shape my credit has been in. Was 2 weeks ago so I want to try the recon to see if they will approve...does anyone have the number? Thanks in advance.

It's the pinned post on top of this sub forum. https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

Message 2 of 6
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous 

What were the reasons for the denial?

Just because you "think" you should have been approved doesn't mean Amex does. There are all kinds of factors that go into an approval.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recent inquiries 

loan balances 

Message 4 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Recent inquiries 

loan balances 

Those are both common reasons for denial.    I noted in another thread that you're also having difficulty in getting a CLI from NFCU and that you're carrying a balance with them, so the denials may be related.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 6
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Greetings CarolynArt ~ Were you able to reach AmEx's recon team? If so, what was the result of your call? 

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.