Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex app question

tag
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

Amex app question

Ok I just got all the negatives off my EX report with the exeption of a late payment. Ex score 704 AAOA 3.1 years, 8 inquiries  and I applied for a Gold Delta Skymiles today but it said my app was declined from my report pulled 7/15 which was about 3 weeks ago I guess. I dont know how or why they have a report from 3 weeks ago because the last time I apped for Amex was Febuary I believe. I have the Amex BCE 15K limit which is which is 5 months or so old. I called in and the rep told me he would note my account for a new pull for reconsideration and it would take 3 business days. Have anyone heard of this situation and have any advice for me?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex app question

It is known that Amex sometimes uses the monthly soft pulls on your existing account for new apps, this is probably what the 7/15 report is.  Did you detect any HP around that date by Amex?
Message 2 of 6
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

No I did not have any HPs for that date. Will the do another HP for the app I submitted today?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most likely because the CSR added the note, pay attention to your report and see if a HP shows up in coming days, if not, call again and ask for a supervisor and explain that your report has drastically changed.
Message 4 of 6
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the advice

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem...good luck.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.