Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex

My Amex BCE hits 61 days in a couple of weeks.  It came with a SL of $1k.  For the best chance at approval for 3x, should the balance at the time of request be below a certain amount?  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
creditfreak68
Established Member

Re: Amex

I personally paid mine down to zero and got the 3X increase. However I have seen others get it without paying it down at all, so ymmv. That said, I think it is more score-driven than anything, and 680 seems to be somewhat of a magical number with Amex, so my money says you get it. 

Message 2 of 5
bpcnabe
Established Member

I zeroed out my statement balance (never carried one from month to month in the first place) but did have new charges for the current month posted to account. Got the 3x. Also, EX was 688 at time of CLI.

Message 3 of 5
SwarthyOgre
Regular Contributor

I got my BCE with a SL of 1,400 and at day 61 i requested and received a 3X CLI with a balance of about 30%. I recently got my 2nd 3X CLI on said card with, once again, about a 30% balance. Scores in the mid to upper 600s, overall UTIL about 30%. Hope that helps.

Starting scores: 5/15 - EQ: 546 | TU: 580 | EX: 554
Current scores: 4/23 - EQ: 750 | TU: 750 | EX: 750
Message 4 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

My Amex BCE hits 61 days in a couple of weeks.  It came with a SL of $1k.  For the best chance at approval for 3x, should the balance at the time of request be below a certain amount?  

I don't think it matters.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.